PDA

View Full Version : Kael & Vashj Progression

Lavache
01-10-2008, 08:31 AM
we have recently begun our foray into TK and SSC, and im wondering when it becomes prudent to begin work on learning Kael & Vashj. i know we are a ways off from serious attempts, but at what point do you decide you are done farming and start working on those bosses? we generally begin attempts at a new boss once we get a clean kill on the previous boss, so we arent farming old content endlessly.

Kavtor
01-10-2008, 08:36 AM
At this stage, it's probably worth trying to finish off one instance (SSC) then finish off the other. It's nice if you can leave some easier bosses in between Vashj and Kael, since both those fights will put quite a bit of pressure on your raid group. Having two very challenging bosses back to back could burn some people out.

Start working on the new bosses as soon as you have time, so long as your raiders are focused enough for it. They'll both take a fair amount of time to learn, so start early!

Mini-Mog
01-10-2008, 08:49 AM
Agree with Kavtor.

Try to do one first and then the other instace.
You can kill Voidreaver (TK) first. Its definitely the easiest Boss with T5.
But i would prefer to focus on SSC as soon as possible.

maddfez
01-10-2008, 08:59 AM
We cleared 5/6 and 3/4 before getting Vashj / Kael down. Alar and Solarian are so easy compared to Vashj that there's no reason not to kill them, and the gear will help learning the harder fights. Solarian's trash is nothing like VRs...it's quick and easy, lots of mobs so lots of marks / vortexes, and she takes less than a night to learn. Alar's harder than either, but really not bad and easier than a few SSC bosses. Plus...you clear past him weekly on your way to VR.

That being said, I'd recommend starting at least some pulls on Vashj soon. There's a lot of execution to work out in the fight, not just dps gear checks, so get those down. Then you can start judging if your gear / dps level is high enough to handle the fight. It'll also help motivate your raiders to see where they can improve their dps / gear levels.

Personally, we saw a lot more folks getting every last item enchanted, getting the best enchants, and using more non-mandated consumables once we saw we weren't keeping up with striders / naga. Then as our dps got better, we got more comfortable with the fight, and our gear improved from farming, stuff clicked and we got her down.

Lollo
01-14-2008, 03:26 AM
My Guild just downed Vashj for the second time now and 33 ppl in total got Lady Vashj's Vial Remnant so far.

We use the upcoming ID to guide a number of key players through the fight and then concentrate on Kael. We plan for another occasion to get players Vashj's vial at a later stage.

Now I am intersted in your Guild's past masterplan and your experiences. How did you manage to attune your ppl to MH? What challenges did you face?

Thanks a lot!

Narshe
01-14-2008, 04:48 AM
When we were working on Kael we did like this:
We cleared all trash to Kael, then start doing tries to him till the trash respawned on us. We moved then to SSC and clear as much as the clock allow us. Then rinse and repeat for the next days till Vashj was killed.

Lollo
01-14-2008, 06:06 AM
Thanks Narshe, greatly appreciated.

Anyone else? :)

maddfez
01-14-2008, 09:11 AM
We got a few Vashj kills under our belt, and then we rotated weeks of killing Vashj and getting a couple hours on Kael and weeks of nothing but TK. We only run three nights a week though, so if you raid more you can probably do Vashj more frequently.

Got Kael last Friday at the end of our second week of just Kael. We need one or two Vashj kills and a few more Kael kills to get everyone attuned.

kevinb70
01-14-2008, 05:27 PM
our guild is playing catchup, after our core left a guild 'stuck on kara' back in Sept ... most we had done was clear gruul. Now we're #4 on server. Course we only have 1 guild in BT...

Now we're finally 5/6 and 3/4 (first al'ar, solarian kills same night, add our first doomwalker kill to boot - we had worked alar before, never touched either DW or solarian til that night). I think we are pretty much going to keep on with two night to get SSC 5/6 then work on vashj for the rest of the second night. then another night do 3/4 of TK. I don't work on both at once, at all.

As much as I have read people wanting to quit wow after hitting a brick wall with kael... I want to somewhat limit how much time we spend on vashj at first.

Lollo
01-18-2008, 02:25 AM
Just wanted to give you an update.

We killed Vashj for the 3rd week in a row now. We had 25 vials in week 1, 8 in week 2 and another 8 in week 3 which makes 41 players are vialed now, including 4 tanks and 10 healers.

This number reflects pretty good the size of the player pool I expect we need to have in order to setup a weekly raid.

So, the plan is to focus on Kael now and get the above ppl vialed there to progress into MH.

We might setup another raid for Vashj at a later stage but after weeks of Serpentshrine Cavern we're happy to change location

Any thoughts?