PDA

View Full Version : Burning Question

Loryega
01-08-2008, 08:30 PM
As a currently retired raid tank, arena is something I just recently started doing. Using what raid DPS gear I had from SSC/TK I started. I did all of the prerequisites, specing into MS using a 34/27/0 spec, including second wind imp hamstring, imp slam, imp execute. I recently received all of the vindicators armor except for the necklace. Now to the point, I have just now got the honor to go with a season 1 weapon to get rid of Gorehowl. If The World Breaker would have dropped at any time of Fathom Lord I would not be here. My question is this? Should I get the sword or the mace? My current emphasis is on 2v2, in which I run with a resto shammie with over 350 resilience and more than capable of kiting melee classes so long as I do my part and intervene and hamstring/fear if he gets in trouble. I get WF totem at all times. What should I get. Without the poleaxe specialization, I'll be at 1600 AP, 32% crit, and 250 resilience. What would you guys suggest? I recently joined a 3v3 with another resto shammie and hunter, in which I will more than likely NOT receive WF totem. Thank you in advance for your time and advice.

Loryega

Edit: First time poster didn't notice the Arena Thread. Read advice from there and decided to go with sword for the proc based on feedback from there. The potential from WF and Sword Proc is too good to pass up.

Kazeyonoma
01-09-2008, 01:55 AM
yeh, sword proc + wf proc = instagib, good way to run, not to mention a welltimed bloodlust/heroism = even more deadly

good luck but why 34/27/0? the standard builds are 33/28/0 or 33/25/3.

Seth
01-09-2008, 07:18 AM
I'm still more of a mace fan. The damage you get from a stun is not to be overlooked.

Kazeyonoma
01-09-2008, 10:13 AM
I'm a mace fan myself, but I can see the viability in sword procs especially for that gib makeup.

Kazaganthi
01-09-2008, 10:18 AM
I'm going maces as soon as I have the points for my season 3 weap. The proc creates options for your teamates. I love sword spec, but the disruption caused by mace is too good to pass up.

Kaz

Radhja
01-09-2008, 10:23 AM
Personally, I prefer swords simply because the burst potential is SO strong, but Maces are not to be ignored by any means. A well-skilled mace spec can make the difference in Arena...

...of which I have very little experience, mind you, but even that inkling of experience tells me that Mace = scary biz.

Kazeyonoma
01-09-2008, 10:26 AM
the biggest thing though... that annoys me, is when you hit pummel to interrupt a spell, it eats your pummel cooldown... and a white hit ends up stunning him to interrupt .5 seconds before your pummel fires... GAH!!!!! :T But it definitely lets me lock down healers a LOT, most druids i've killed are because of good mace stun procs. Sure going from DT -> S3 will decrease the stun proc rate, but hey, i'll be hitting like a dump truck at least

Loryega
01-09-2008, 11:19 AM
good luck but why 34/27/0?

I decided on 34/27/0 for the imp intercept, hamstring, second wind, and still able to keep imp slam for a my charge opener, imp execute for 10 rage executes, weapon mastery. Idk, I'm new to arenas and did a good amount of 49 PVP when my char was a twink. If this seems like it may be flawed I am more than open to suggestions. After sleepin on the issue too, I think I may consider getting the mace, that with the imp hamstring could give a lot to the "oh s@%t factor if I get someone with an immobilize and then a mace stun.