PDA

View Full Version : Frost Resist Gear

hbombs
01-08-2008, 02:06 PM
Did the majority of you guys farm the mats yourself?

We are most likely gonna have the guild do some farming. Have any of your guilds done it this way?

another option is using gbank gold.

I feel bad because I am most likely going to be the one using the gear but i just don't have time to farm it all myself by the time we want it by. I already personally have all the khorium needed and the nethers.

Shortypop
01-08-2008, 02:43 PM
What we did was write up a list of mats, the tanks were in charge of getting most of the ore themselves, and post it on our guild forums asking for contributions. I've farmed about 30 water and 20 fire and some of the other officers have done concerted farming efforts, but pretty much a couple of primals from each raider helps immeasurable. We've basically just got armour patches to go - if needed we'll use gbank gold, but would rather not except for the last few as it could get really expensive.

Calamity
01-08-2008, 02:49 PM
Having farmed it myself, i would suggest getting your guild to help you as much as possible.Tanks already bear a huge burden in multiple armour sets so an extra set for gear for the tanksis a huge extra cost, and really only use in a couple places at best. The other classes dont need to incur this kind of cost, so the guild should share it.

Mordigen
01-08-2008, 03:14 PM
I started farming the mats myself with some good friends and my wife helping a lot too, then as we got closer to actually wanting to run the raid, the guild leader and another officer put out some posts asking for contributions from anyone that could help with the load. It is a really tough situation, and I did feel a little guilty like you said, being the one wearing the stuff, but the way to look at is, if your guild wants to run the instance, then the tank NEEDS the gear. If the tanks don't have it, then the whole raid is gimped and no one wins.

Help out with getting the mats as much as you can, and then take whatever contributions you can, only quick way to go about it, unless your guild has a large bank and can afford it, but then I would almost feel in debt to the guild to pay back the gold.

hbombs
01-09-2008, 09:43 AM
Thanks everyone for the help. seems like we are all on the same page really.

Elar
01-15-2008, 02:33 PM
I got most of the mats myself getting it from AH or grinding , got both frost and nature sets. But it goes faster and cheaper if you get help :rolleyes:

Jylina
01-15-2008, 04:59 PM
well I'm the nature tank for my guild so the primals I was after were easier to get, but what I ended up doing was farming them all with the help of a friend((shadow priest, cause I don't respec and killing things is slow as prot)) but at the same time what we have done in the past is set up nights to just farm the primals, get 5 or 6 people and you can easily take complete control of elemental plateau, the more people the better and it can really speed things up. Simply put in a fight where only 4 or 5 people need the resist set the guild kind of should at least help.... but at the same time its not their job to do everything for you, its kind of a mutual exercise because they need you to have the gear to progress which should be the guilds goal ultimately... but you are part of the guild. and really if you think about it if each raider gets 1 of each primal you need, less then 60 gold on most servers, you will only need to get 12 each which is still a pain but way easier then 36 each.

If your raiders cant spare 60 gold to help with progression they arent to serious as raiders anyways, because I spend that in repairs/flasks on most progression nights, as I'm sure most tanks at that level do