PDA

View Full Version : Which enchant for boots and cloak?

gyre
01-07-2008, 06:15 AM
Hi folks.

Looking for the best tanking enchant for both boots and cloak, taking into account I'm one of the MTs on a MH/BT-going guild.

Currently have minor speed and +9 sta on boots, but am toying with the surefooted (+10 hit rating) or +12 sta enchant.

Currently have +12 agi on cloak, but am looking at the +70 armor one as well.

Any suggestions and comments gratefully received.

-- gyre --

Tmbrland
01-07-2008, 06:56 AM
Is this a troll???

gyre
01-07-2008, 07:00 AM
Am I a troll? Nope gnome. :)

Are you a troll? Probably, since you're posting, but not helping :)

If, on the other hand, you're wondering why I'm asking such basic questions, that's because I'm getting conflicting answers from various sites and from other tanks and wondered if there was a clear answer from the good folks here in either of the 2 areas, and some rationale behind the answer.

If this question isn't sensible enough to be answered, then move on.

-- gyre --

Shortypop
01-07-2008, 07:05 AM
I'd enchant to each item's strength - so i'd enchant dodge on an avoidance cloak (think dodge is better pure mit than ag, tho ag does help other things) and armour (+120 isn't it?) if it's an EH cloak.

As far as feet, umm +hit rating on an agro set and I'm not sure about pure stam or the hybrid one.

Just my 2 cents :)

Tmbrland
01-07-2008, 07:07 AM
That was my point of the troll, hes like I am in Hyjal and Black Temple, yet has no idea what to put on his gear

veneretio
01-07-2008, 07:19 AM
@Tmbrland, hbombs: The WoW forums are >>>> that way. No need to be jerks here.

Hey Gyre,

Your best bet to boots is definitely going to be sticking with 9 stamina + run speed. Your cloak enchant options should likely be 12 dodge or 120 armor. (they've updated the armor enchant with TBC) Personally, I like to use 120 armor all the time, but Shorty makes a good point that it's a good tactic to enchant to your cloak's strengths so 12 dodge is certainly a fantastic option too.

Thanks for the question. Don't let the bullys deter you from asking again in the future.

hbombs
01-07-2008, 07:32 AM
lol your right vene. sorry mate rough monday morning.

i prefer 120 armor on cloak and 9 stam and run speed to boots is nice. i should get that one myself.

Lilred
01-07-2008, 07:36 AM
last time i checked these were not the wow warrior foums so keep the rediculas flame posts there. I believe that on tankspot elietistm is to be left at the door.

I woudl go with the agil to cloak and just leave the 9 stam run speed on your boods

Peegee
01-07-2008, 07:53 AM
There's an opinion with some tanks that 120 armor is negligible, and thus it is better to go with the +agi enchant.

I haven't made a conclusion whether the agi enchant is better than the +dodge enchant. I might crunch some numbers later.

For the boot enchant it has been answered already.

Taelas
01-07-2008, 07:54 AM
120 armor is not negligible. This is not really something you can have an opinion about; it has a measurable, calculable effect.

Lavache
01-07-2008, 08:10 AM
why +9 & run speed versus +12 stam?

Smaken
01-07-2008, 09:01 AM
why +9 & run speed versus +12 stam?

Because when you're chasing that damned mage while your intervene is on cooldown, you're moving slightly faster and you have a chance to get there in time to save the priest once the mage dies.

All in all, if you have to be moving around the 8% run speed is a bigger advantage then 30hps.

Tmbrland
01-07-2008, 09:23 AM
YouTube - Thoryana - Run to the Tank (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3Yr4_od7Fc)

Run to the Tank

I remember long ago when I was 20
To Wailing Caverns we set off with a team
The hunter pulled, the priest got all the aggro
Terrified he turned around to flee

Run to the Tank
Run to the Tank
I can't get back the aggro
when your're that far away
Run to the Tank
Run to the Tank
But he just kept on kiting
that mob away from me

Another time when I was a bit older
In a pick-up group to farm some FR gear
In Blackrock Depths the mage didn't wait for sunders
He blinked away with Incendius on his heel

Run to the Tank
Run to the Tank
Run to the Tank
Run to the Tank
that mob away from me

Last night we raided Upper Blackrock Spire
The succubus, she perished with a scream
Panic struck the warlock, now defenceless
He fell down to the ogres far below

Run to the Tank
Run to the Tank
Run to the Tank
Run to the Tank
that mob away from me

Words by Martin Herschend. Music by Martin Nordkvist.

Anglachel
01-07-2008, 09:34 AM
that is just plain awesome... and should be mandatory watching for all wow players...

Lavache
01-07-2008, 11:25 AM
Because when you're chasing that damned mage while your intervene is on cooldown, you're moving slightly faster and you have a chance to get there in time to save the priest once the mage dies.

All in all, if you have to be moving around the 8% run speed is a bigger advantage then 30hps.

am i lucky and have smart dps that ive beaten into submission that run towards me? if its a pug (ack!) i will tell them once, then its their repair bill not mine.

gyre
01-07-2008, 02:41 PM
Hi folks.

Thanks for the answers.

As to the 2nd poster... I didn't say I didn't know what I was doing... I just wanted to know YOUR opinions... but primarily on enchants, and not on me :)

I already had reasonable enchants for my stuff. I wanted to know if I was missing a trick or two. It never hurts to ask your peers.

Thanks! :)

-- gyre --

Ciderhelm
01-07-2008, 10:02 PM
test

Leytur
01-08-2008, 04:14 AM
That video is teh awesome.

Skips
01-08-2008, 04:18 AM
I used to be in the guild Band of Exiles and the guy that wrote the song was actually amazing.

He's wrote 3 more songs which can be found at

Thoryana's Greatest Tank Tunes (http://thoryana.com)

Learn2Heal is my favourite

Leytur
01-08-2008, 03:52 PM
Dude, skips, you made my year with that link.

Learn2Heal. . . . . just too funny.

klor
01-11-2008, 10:12 AM
Skips wins!

Ceravantes
01-12-2008, 12:34 PM
There's an opinion with some tanks that 120 armor is negligible, and thus it is better to go with the +agi enchant.

I haven't made a conclusion whether the agi enchant is better than the +dodge enchant. I might crunch some numbers later.

For the boot enchant it has been answered already.

Since armor gives the best returns when talking Effective health, it is not ever negligible. Agility would be the negligible enchant in this conversation, enchant to an item's strength dodge or armor.