PDA

View Full Version : Where did all my Defense Rating Go?

ychro
01-07-2008, 01:29 AM
Hey, I am having alot of trouble with progressing my gear. I recently got the BOJ Pants and am using Glad Shield Wall and sometimes shoulders for my EH set, however with all the new gear from ZA. I am losing more and more DR. My EH set is also almost expertise capped but DR drops to about 460 and I have like 70 res. My current build got me out of anticipation cause I always had the defense once i hit Kara, I am thinking ill have to get out of my current build to sustain the new gear. Anyway any info you all can provide would be great.

I am new to the forums but my character is rsrychro of garithos

Shortypop
01-07-2008, 03:32 AM
Armory tells me you are "inactive" but basically a lot of the ZA/2.3 BoJ gear s very low on defense - hands, helm, weapon (are those that come to mind). I did a rough calculation when za first came out and in a full set of ZA/BoJ gear I would have to gem/chant for defense to stay crit immune - however I'm not convinced that that full set is a sensible way to gear. Pretty much all the pieces are very good, but perhaps not all at the same time.

Solutions: talent points in anticipation is an obvioud option; enchanting resilience to chest (not sure what else res can be chanted on to; gemming to fix the problem. Personally I'd split the gear into several different sets, using some older gear to complement it.

Nicki
01-07-2008, 04:25 AM
31 resilience allows you to drop to 471 defense
So your 70 resilience does keep you crit immune atm. np.

As long as defense and resilience gives 5.6% crit you are crit immune.

Peegee
01-07-2008, 09:18 AM
Right but 'crit immune' doesn't equate to crush immune, right? Then again since crush immune when SB is up is available to all warriors who spec properly, it shouldn't matter too much.

What kind of defense are we working with anyway, OP?

Seth
01-07-2008, 09:50 AM
most people don't gear for non-SB crush immune

ychro
01-07-2008, 06:12 PM
Yeah I currently have about 3 sets of tank gear. An avoidance set which maxs my crush immunity but not passive uncrushable yet (uses suneater, pocket watch, shield block trinket) My EH set which throws some pvp gear in there( shoulders and shield. Then I have a set that has EH with expertise some where around 80 expertise rating which almost caps me. I am looking at stuff like the new helm from ZA, shield and the bonefist gauntlets. All of which lack or ignore DR at all. I am thinking ill have to drop my darkmoon card madness or my pocket watch in favor of adamantite figurine, as well as respec.

demog
01-08-2008, 12:07 AM
Yeah I currently have about 3 sets of tank gear. An avoidance set which maxs my crush immunity but not passive uncrushable yet (uses suneater, pocket watch, shield block trinket) My EH set which throws some pvp gear in there( shoulders and shield. Then I have a set that has EH with expertise some where around 80 expertise rating which almost caps me. I am looking at stuff like the new helm from ZA, shield and the bonefist gauntlets. All of which lack or ignore DR at all. I am thinking ill have to drop my darkmoon card madness or my pocket watch in favor of adamantite figurine, as well as respec.

I face the same problem, i'm struggling to keep myself above 490 def skill. I think the most viable solution is to simple start using some 4def/6stam gems (or even 8def gems) where I would otherwise have used 12 stam.

The built-in stamina and high armor (due to higher item level) makes the ZA/patch 2.3 gear far superior to the other gear i have access to at my current progression level (guild not large enough for 25mans yet) - even if i can't use 12 stam gems only.

ychro
01-08-2008, 01:21 AM
Yeah dude im loving the new stuff. My guild cant hit 25 mans yet and ZA is proving to be a nice challenge and a good logical step for our guild. I am almost 15.1k unbuffed with my gear. I really think ill pick up some points in anticipation so i can focus on stam instead of haveing to use def gems.

Taelas
01-08-2008, 02:17 AM
I face the same problem, i'm struggling to keep myself above 490 def skill. I think the most viable solution is to simple start using some 4def/6stam gems (or even 8def gems) where I would otherwise have used 12 stam.

Don't use Thick Dawnstones until you've enchanted at least your bracers with +12 Defense rating. It gives a better return -- you're giving up 12 stamina for 12 Defense rating, whereas replacing Solid Star of Elune with Dawnstones will be giving up 12 stamina for 8 Defense rating.

You can also replace any Heavy Knothide Armor Kits you're wearing with Vindicator's Armor Kits -- again, better return than the gems (but not by as much as the enchant).

demog
01-09-2008, 05:05 AM
Don't use Thick Dawnstones until you've enchanted at least your bracers with +12 Defense rating. It gives a better return -- you're giving up 12 stamina for 12 Defense rating, whereas replacing Solid Star of Elune with Dawnstones will be giving up 12 stamina for 8 Defense rating.

You can also replace any Heavy Knothide Armor Kits you're wearing with Vindicator's Armor Kits -- again, better return than the gems (but not by as much as the enchant).

Thanks, that's some freakin' good points, don't know why i didn't think of that :)

I guess the same maps to +4def/+6stam gems - if you got one of them and intend to get one more, replace the existing one with a +12stam one instead and change your bracer enchant (although you ofcourse also need to take your potential socket bonus into account).