PDA

View Full Version : Executioner vs. Mongoose

Trixie
01-06-2008, 02:00 PM
I know that the theorycrafting says Executioner is a bit more consistent threat.

For people who have made the swap from Mongoose to Executioner, are you happy with the change?

Mallet drops for us all the time and we'll shard the next one. I'm almost tempted to pick up a second one and then have both enchants so I can mix/match based on the encounter.

Taelas
01-06-2008, 02:18 PM
That'd be a little difficult seeing as it's unique... Mallet of the Tides

HIghoS
01-06-2008, 02:23 PM
(I registered just to post what Norrath did, heh)

I was quite sad to realize it was unique, also. We had an extra one drop a while back when nobody else could use as our dps warriors were not around, and the though of putting Executineer on it to try it out instead of Mongoose went through my head untill our other tank reminded me of the fact that it is Unique.

Sad panda that day :/

Really want to try Exec on my mallet, but I really don't feel like giving up Mongoose... been using it for so long, just dunno? *shrugs*

Trixie
01-06-2008, 03:56 PM
Doh. Was at work today.

Cairn
01-06-2008, 04:02 PM
I have Mangoose on my Mallet of the Tides - Items - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=30058) and Executioneer on Sun Eater.

Proc seems to be the same , and Mallet are one of the best weapon to generate threat .

With Mallet i reach 900-1000 TPS on boss , and Sun Eater without enchant near 750 tps.
With enchant Exec on my SunEater i reach 800-850 easily now , the proc up my dps, my threat significally.

I think if u have a avoid weapon tanking, put Executioneer .

Notalda
01-06-2008, 06:36 PM
I recently switched from mongoose to executioneer, and am seeing a noticable threat increase.

Haven't regretted the switch so far.

Caylei
01-07-2008, 12:26 AM
I put executioner on my blazeguard to try it out. Proc rate seems pretty decent and a couple guildies have mentioned I've been having a bit higher tps output. saving the mats for mongoose to put on a KD if one'll ever drop again to do a comparison (have yet to see it since switching from my druid to my warrior). If I can get it, thinking of using the blazeguard on trash and lighter hitting bosses, KD on the rest.

Baceramus
01-07-2008, 02:26 AM
I've got both a Blazeguard and a KD, should I executioner the Blazeguard and tell you guys the results? Currently have Mongoose on both but tank with KD for bosses and Blazeguard for trash. The weapons are somewhat close in stats so I figure thats as close of a comparison as I can achieve.

Trema
01-08-2008, 08:14 AM
I have Mangoose on my Mallet of the Tides - Items - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=30058) and Executioneer on Sun Eater.

Proc seems to be the same , and Mallet are one of the best weapon to generate threat .

With Mallet i reach 900-1000 TPS on boss , and Sun Eater without enchant near 750 tps.
With enchant Exec on my SunEater i reach 800-850 easily now , the proc up my dps, my threat significally.

I think if u have a avoid weapon tanking, put Executioneer .

I completely dissagree... I would recommend you put your avoidance enchant (mongoose) on your avoidance weapon, and your threat enchant (executioner) on your threat weapon.

Currently I don't really have an avoidance weapon, per se, and am using Mongoose on Mallet of the Tides (for most boss encounters) and Executioner on Blazefury (for threat, soloing, dpsing with either SS or dual wield furylol).

If i ever see Sun Eater drop, I may just throw the +20 agi on it for the constant dodge and save it for special occasions.

Ratholorn
01-22-2008, 01:36 PM
I dislike Mongoose because haste is a multiplicative stat and the more the stack the more effective it is - T5 rogues with 2x mongoose up and triggerring abacus of violent odds and downing haste pots will see enormous benefit from it ... for a tank it's pretty much the only haste you have (unless you happen to be in 4 pieces of T5) meaning the benefit is minimal.
Sure 120 agi on proc is nice but 20 agi on the weapon is more consistent (I'm sure someone has done a proc-watch calculation to see if Mongoose is up enough to give an 'effective' 20 agi all the time) but I prefer the reliability.
I run with Executioner on Brutalizer for most fights and 20 agi on The Unbreakable Will for an avoidance set when threat is not that important (such as Archimonde).

Lijntje
01-25-2008, 12:57 PM
I put Executioner on my King's Defender and Mongoose on my Sun eater, I definitely notice a tps difference between the two, more then just the extra tps i should be getting from the +hit on the KD.

thugthedum
01-25-2008, 08:37 PM
Mongoose is win. I can not explain to you how true this is. 15 agi is nuts when Mongoose is available.

No numbers right now, sorry. Anyone know of any?

Also; agreed with the posters that put mongoose on avoidance gear and executioner on threat gear.

Cellci
02-06-2008, 07:39 AM
So I got really lucky and managed to get both King's Defender and The Sun Eater in one night. I hastily put mongoose on King's Defender and am wondering if I made a mistake. With regards to threat vs avoidance would Executioner on King's and Mongoose on Sun Eater be better?

Notalda
02-06-2008, 07:55 AM
I'd say so, yes. Mongoose on Sun Eater, Exec on KD. Mind you, on that level of progress, it doesn't matter much, unless your DPS department outgears you horribly.

I had no problems keeping aggro with mongoose on up to Hyjal/BT. It's late T5, early T6 level when our DPS department started to reach my TPS, and where switching to executioneer proved to be a good choice.

Cellci
02-06-2008, 08:11 AM
So should I invest in the gold for a second mongoose enchant for Sun Eater for fights like Prince where high avoidance seems to be a must?