PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Ring

Major Teroh
01-06-2008, 10:10 AM
Read an article recently that rates the Shapeshifter signet (sorry, don't know how to do the link thing) from Lower city exalted, as a good tanking ring, was looking for other opnions

Taelas
01-06-2008, 10:19 AM
It's a threat ring, plain and simple. It has a good amount of Expertise.

Kavtor
01-06-2008, 11:44 AM
Expertise is a decent mitigation stat as well. I've been using it quite a bit lately.

Nuberino
01-06-2008, 11:55 AM
Expertise is a decent mitigation stat as well. I've been using it quite a bit lately. I agree very much... looking through logs, a healthy percentage of my "why did I drop dead so quickly on this boss" deaths were caused by my own attacks being parried as generally a parried attack will cause a crush to sneak through on slow hard hitting bosses.

Mordigen
01-06-2008, 11:57 AM
Situational I would say. Lacks the stam, armor, and/def to be a good progressive or boss tanking ring. Good for farmed or trash though. The expertise is nice but I don't think adding the expertise makes up for the loss of the higher priority tanking stats.

Nuberino
01-06-2008, 12:00 PM
The expertise is nice but I don't think adding the expertise makes up for the loss of the higher priority tanking stats.I would think that if you are above the effective health requirement for a fight (progression or otherwise) and are uncrittable, the expertise would be more of a priority than some ~200hp, some armor and a handful of avoidance (probably what you are missing choosing this versus a more "tank" focused ring).