PDA

View Full Version : Little help with first badge purchase

SionaAmanThul
01-06-2008, 08:07 AM
Experienced tanks,

I just started my badge hunt. Here is my armory: Vitharr (http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aman%27Thul&n=Vitharr)

I have read all the great information on the pieces that are available but I'm unsure based on my most pressing needs. I'm getting about 10 badges a week atm.

Based on your experience, what badge purchase should I make first? I need 8 primals to make the Bulwark of Kings, btw.

Thanks in advance.

VItharr

Smaken
01-07-2008, 05:46 AM
Your armory isn't working right now (hey, there's a surprise, the armory isn't showing a profile), but there's a post on tanking tips that will give you a good idea of what to get first, based of what you already have or what you might be getting very soon.

The New Badge of Justice Pick Order (http://www.tankingtips.com/2007/12/30/23-update-the-new-badge-of-justice-pick-order/)

Peegee
01-07-2008, 07:49 AM
That article is spot on. I have bookmarked some of the items there for later.

If you have nothing, consider saving the 75 badges for the chestpiece, because it will take you up to and possibly beyond T5

SionaAmanThul
01-08-2008, 03:21 AM
Thanks. They are still doing maintenance on the Armory.

What I'm struggling with is what items to get first. Yes, I've read Vene's post and it is awesome and I hope to get all those pieces over the long haul. However, for a casual gamer who is lucky to get in a heroic instance once a day, some tough choices need to be made.

Your main objective is to make heroic instances easier by gearing. So, should I get the cloak or the bracers now and help my game or should I grind on as is until I get 75 for the chest piece? If I get the bracers now, perhaps that will make my heroics a bit easier? But...I do have pretty good bracers now (Bracers of the Green Fortress) so maybe I get the sabatons first because that's where I'm weak now?

You see the thought process? It's based on need and a slow badge acquisition process.

I do agree that if I had the luxury of farming badges over a month period and could end up with 320 badges relatively quickly, I would use Vene's order. Perhaps Vene should rephrase the title of his post to Key Badge Items to Aim For or something like that?

Thanks for your help.

Taelas
01-08-2008, 03:55 AM
Vene does mention that the bigger the upgrade, the higher the item is on the list.

I can't check your gear, unfortunately, but quite simply: Get the item which is the biggest overall upgrade.

Bullwrinkle
01-18-2008, 09:02 AM
Just my 2c, I am in a similar position on gear atm. If your not running kara at all, the ring looks like one of the best upgrades for you. I'd prolly try and snag the PVP boots too, since those would be a large upgrade also. But to answer, if I were you, I would probably take the ring followed by the cape and then maybe pants (I know how you feel about saving 75 badges, I am up to 20 something, and plan to go cape first as well)

mattdeeze
01-18-2008, 09:11 AM
A good idea for you (it certainly helps me in my gear decisions) is to get the TankPoints mod (availiable from this site). It will give you a + or - value based upon your current gear. that should make it easy for you to gauge the value you are getting for your badges. but keep in mind that it doesnt take into account aggro stats like expertise or +hit. It is geared only for keeping track of pure survivablity stats.

Scratchula
01-18-2008, 12:36 PM
In my opinion, the legs are so good that they are worth the 75 badge wait. In the mean time you may find some better gear to replace other things, but you are definitely not going to find anything to replace the legs.

hbombs
01-18-2008, 12:55 PM
I have to say your doing a great job gearing up so far. I always love seeing warriors crafting items and getting themselves gear from heroics before even entering kara.

Looking at your gear i would suggest getting the legs first. gem/enchant with the best stuff. (3x 12stams and 40 stam kit)

second item i think you should grab the cape.

Continue on craft the chest upgrade. and if available craft the red havoc boots.

down the line you should get the badge chest but maybe let that be your 3rd or 4 BoJ item.

Kanwedar
01-21-2008, 07:15 AM
Legs -> Neck -> Bracers. Since you are an armorsmith you're going to be getting a very nice breastplate anyways, so I wouldn't spend the time on the pally chest since you said your badge intake is slow. The neck and bracers are huge for threat. Legs first seems like a pretty easy decision, then you can reevaluate after you've acquired it.