PDA

View Full Version : Heroic Shadow Labs

tarmc0
01-04-2008, 04:56 AM
Ok, worked our way through some tough 6 man pulls and made our way to Murmur. After about 5-6 attempts and a 40g+ repair bill we gave up. Funny thing is I've done this before but never found it this difficult and don't know if anything has changed? Tactics used were:

Everyone inside the circle to avoid nature damage. Murmur would use Murmur's touch on party member and this would draw everyone to that person. Everyone has to return asap to original positions to avoid area silence. Target is thrown in air and on landing is dealt moderate damage. As soon as this happens Murmur will do sonic boom and everyone legs it outside circle.

These tactics are what we used last time and worked fine. However, it was at this point some of us were being hit by sonic boom even though we were more than far enough away to avoid it. As soon as we were hit by sonic boom the nature damage would tick and we would be dead. Could there may be a case of running too far and that is why sonic boom hits?? I've only attempted this on heroic once before and wasn't a problem, done it first time, so didn't pay that much attention to all the detail. Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks.

Worldie
01-04-2008, 05:38 AM
Plain and simple, if they were hit by the Sonic Boom, they weren't far enough. Being outside the circle is not enough, you have to be a bit more far than that.

tarmc0
01-04-2008, 06:06 AM
I know it seems like a straight forward solution but it wasn't that simple. I've done normal SL until I'm blue in the face and after several attempts at heroic the other night we couldn't see what the problem is. Sometimes we deliberately never ran as far and did not get hit...sometimes we did. There were no consistency with the deaths. Like all people we look at what happened and try to change what we did. As I said, sometimes I was closer in and did not get hit by sonic boom than sometimes I did when I was further out. We had a hunter in the group who through on Aspect of the Pack when sonic boom was happening so we had ample time to get out and getting out wasn't a problem. There was major lag spikes that I think might have affected it. I was just wondering if there was a penalty for running too far out other than the nature damage? Otherwise it's a case of just returning tonight to try again.

Arlana
01-04-2008, 06:39 AM
The same reason Vanish is a broken mechanic.
Server Latency. GG

tarmc0
01-08-2008, 05:31 AM
Tried again at weekend. Done first time. Putting it all down to lag :D