PDA

View Full Version : Fury, Off-hand, same speed or not?

Dimmu
01-02-2008, 04:35 PM
My guild raids with two rogues, one of which has already received the Talon of Azshara, and the other swears to stay daggers.

I normally raid as 33/28, with a Gorehowl. I have gone 20/41 2h Fury with my Stormherald and seen amazing results, but I find it hard to get a Axe/Sword for 33/28 that's SSC/TK quality.

I've considered trying DW Fury again and I will probably get defaulted the Talon of Azshara (2.7 speed). My question is, do you think I should OH a Spiteblade (2.7 speed, 87 DPS), OH a Decapitator (2.6 Speed, 92 DPS), or craft the t2 BS 1h Mace (2.7 Speed, 91 DPS), and OH the Talon?

Most of you would give the best answer, which is to get the BS Mace and ugrade it to T3 while OHing the Talon, but my guild uses a strange system on vortexes and collecting five is really unreliable. I don't make these rules, I just follow them.

I like the Decap for Crit rating, superior DPS, and the Use: over Spiteblade's Agi, but since the Spiteblade is the same speed as Talon I've strongly considered it.

Which would I see better results from? Hopefully I can have some type of backing instead of just saying one or the other. Thanks for reading I hope to hear something soon.

Kazeyonoma
01-02-2008, 04:41 PM
when its close, and it comes down to the difference between .1 speed just take the higher dps items, this will contribute more towards your AP and towards your bloodthirst damage.

So i'd probably take the talon MH and Decap OH, or the other option of bs mace+oh talon to try to get some haste rating in there.

Dimmu
01-02-2008, 04:43 PM
I do have DST, so I'm a fan of haste and would enjoy some extra.

On the other hand, are you taking into consideration that same speed MH and OH add another charge of Flurry, this is the main reason I was asking.

Seth
01-03-2008, 07:03 AM
craft the mace no matter what, it's more or less irreplacable

Kazeyonoma
01-03-2008, 09:26 AM
I've never really had shortages of flurry charges, normally after the first crit or two go off, i'm swimming in flurry until the boss dies so I've never experienced any extra charges of flurry by having the same swing speed. I understand the mechanics behind it but prior to the ww change, i was a SLOW/FAST proponent myself so As long as flurry charges are up for the main hand, it doesn't matter how many the offhand eats.