PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Chests

Lavache
01-02-2008, 09:31 AM
having just read New Badge Tanking Pick Order (http://www.tankingtips.com/2007/12/30/23-update-the-new-badge-of-justice-pick-order/) im slightly perplexed as to what piece to get. in it Ven ranks the badge chest very, very highly - even above panz'thar, which i have. now - i am one vortex away from making the bulwark of the ancient kings which i can have within two weeks if we have good drops once we get back to raiding next week. should i continue getting what i need for this or save up for the badge chest? i dont pvp so the s3 chest is out of the picture. progression wise we have killed VR and Mag, gruul is a farm fight. i can pick up the t4 chest but i am not in a huge hurry to get it, its a better upgrade for others.

i think the belt is the next solid purchase for me based on where the next real upgrade comes from - and it should save me some dkp later on too ;)

thanks

veneretio
01-02-2008, 05:32 PM
I'd rank the Bulwark above the Badge chest ;)

Lavache
01-03-2008, 08:41 AM
thats what i was thinking, but wanted a 2nd opinion :D

hbombs
01-03-2008, 10:51 AM
ive waited for a long time to get nightbanes and its not happening. i just got the badge chest and it was an unreal upgrade from bold. but if i had nightbanes already i would have spent the badges otherwise.

Kazeyonoma
01-03-2008, 10:57 AM
i want nightbane's chest too, donning s2 chest for now, its nice for pure armor/hp and threat stats, but no defense makes me cry, and also i don't have all +12 stam in it because i pvp with it too =(

Panzar'thar why do you hate me! I might have to suck it up nd get the badge chest too but i'm a long ways from having the badges for that lol.

Lavache
01-03-2008, 11:15 AM
i was excited to go buy the belt yesterday... until i saw it was 60 badges :(

Bodasafa
01-03-2008, 02:44 PM
I have the Nightbane chest and ill be keeping it until i get the T4 from Mag, wich were doing right now and close to killing. Not to metion im #3 on the SK list so i have the best shot at it for a warrior drop in there.

Though its only a in the meantime upgrade.

The real upgrade is the one that drops from ZA. Imo that beats out Panzer,T4, and the Badge one.

Kazeyonoma
01-03-2008, 03:34 PM
agreed, but I haven't even gotten past Akil'zon yet =(

Lavache
01-03-2008, 03:48 PM
im with kaz on that one. ZA is low on our priority list and we havent made too many attempts at anything beyond the dragonhawk.

Brucimus
01-04-2008, 10:27 AM
So what you guys think is a bigger upgrade for a Kara Geared Warrior Tank?

S2 Chest Merciless Gladiator's Plate Chestpiece ----> Badge Pally Chest Chestguard of the Stoic Guardian

-or-

Wrynn Dynasty Wrynn Dynasty Greaves -----> Badge Tanking Leg Unwavering Legguards

Dismember
01-04-2008, 10:35 AM
I'd go for the Unwavering Legguards first.

Crimsonstorm
01-04-2008, 10:55 AM
The answer to all questions involving the unwavering legguards, is always the legguards. :)

Kazeyonoma
01-04-2008, 12:00 PM
threat, armor, TONS of hp, and defense? what's not to love, unwavering unless you have t5 legs. ALWAYS.

Hryggðafræ
01-09-2008, 10:00 AM
Unwavering Legguards imo

i'll switch from Merciless Gladiator's Plate Chestpiece to Chestguard of the Stoic Guardian due lack of updates.