PDA

View Full Version : A question about... Defensive stance?

Cellauria
12-30-2007, 09:29 PM
Forgive me if this seems like a silly question: it's possible that, despite my searching, the answer has already been provided somewhere.

My question is about a warrior's Defensive stance; and more specifically, when is the 10% damage reduction applied?

Basically, if I have 60% damage reduction from armor, does defensive stance apply WITH the armor, or AFTER the armor has been applied?

Is it (.60 + .10)*original damage = damage done?

Or is it more like, (original damage * .60) * .10 = damage done?

Obviously the outcome would be different. The first one would net 70% damage reduction... which would essentially put warrior mitigation on par with that of a druid. If a mob hits you for 100, you reduce the damage to 30. 60-70% warrior damage reduction + defensive stance = 70-80% damage reduction... about the same as a feral druid.

But the second one, on the other hand, would actually net you much less than 10% damage reduction from defensive stance. If a mob hits you for 100, you reduce it to 40 from armor, and then reduce 40 to 36 with defensive stance.

I'm sure that with some testing, it wouldn't be that hard to figure out which it is, and so if no one has any answers I'm willing to go and do some experimenting. Any ideas?

Caylei
12-30-2007, 09:39 PM
Pulling from the EJ forums, the bonus is multiplicative.

Reference: The Protection Warrior - Elitist Jerks (http://elitistjerks.com/f31/t18771-protection_warrior/)
under section VI

Cellauria
12-30-2007, 09:52 PM
Haha Thanks!

That clears it up nicely :P