PDA

View Full Version : Heroic BF makes Kara look easy

Razor
12-28-2007, 11:49 PM
I was tanking heroic Blood Furnace and we got to the room before the second boss. After we cleared the room we pulled the lever to start the event. There were four waves of elites total. The first two waves each had three mobs while the second pair of waves each had four mobs. My group never made it past the third wave. Even with two forms of croud control the elites ripped our group to pieces. Since they were dealing nearly four thousand damage every hit to me and even more to the cloth wearers, we didn't stand a chance. How on earth did anyone manage this event without epic gear?

allemi
12-29-2007, 03:28 AM
I tanked this and got thru first try, no epic gear.. i think i was going for the boots. we did have trouble until we got one thing.... DPS. we tried and tried until the guy with the most dps on the server came and helped us. then it was no problem at all.

Taelas
12-29-2007, 04:10 AM
You need a good healer.

Bodasafa
12-29-2007, 07:30 AM
If you want to try a real "fun" heroic instance go to old hillsbrad on heroic or black morass lol.

Our group was totally kara epiced out and we still had a hell of a time.

Taelas
12-29-2007, 11:13 AM
Heroic Black Morass was fun... with a T5-6 geared DPSer taking care of the adds. And we STILL wiped once.

Nuberino
12-29-2007, 04:12 PM
Other than that one event, Heroic BF is a cake walk... with the right group that event is a cake walk anyways even without epic'd equipment.

* Take a tankadin
* Take a prot warr and a feral dps druid (in tank gear for event)
* Have aoe fears ready
* have cc and be coordinated
* etc, etc, etc

Lots of ways to do it, still a challenge but not terribly so. Don't expect to walk in with a group in mixed greens and blues for it to be easy, but with decent dps (to burn down the groups fast enough) and coordination it isn't bad by any means.

Major Teroh
12-29-2007, 10:33 PM
Heroic shattered halls, getting to and past the first boss was reasonably ok, then we started with cointinual wipes, this with 2 mages a boomkin and a resto sham long with me, still haven't completed this inst.

Andromedea
12-30-2007, 02:32 AM
Actually, the key is CC for that event.

Fear is very useful here.

Try to get at least one mage/hunter for sheep/trap and either a lock or shadowpriest (better if your healer is also a priest).

Get someone else to pull the lever. Stand at the top left gate which is the first to lower, and bloodrage then hit them all with Thunderclap. There are 3 in first pull. Get mage/hunter to sheep trap one, then build aggro on rest, get your priest/lock to fear them if you are taking too much dmg. Lock can also single target fear one all the way. Rinse and repeat for the others. You can also Intim Shout if its desperate.

This is really an idiot check. If your group are not good at running to you when they get aggro, or focus firing, this is wipe city. To assist them here, you can mark skull for focus fire on the fly.

They hit very hard but they don't have much hp and die fast when focus fired. With good coordination, its very doable.

Tjolme
12-30-2007, 03:17 AM
Given that the boss that follows the event is a complete doddle even on heroic, the min event before hand is actually the challenge at progressing. It happens to be the case in most heroics, the trash is harder than the bosses. You can get past without overloading on CCers for the event, but requires use of cooldowns, stuns and anything else you can pull out of the bag. A bloody good healer really helps.

It requires some coordination and a decent level of gear, plus the whole group has to be awake. Karazhan has 5 extra people, so if one isn't paying attention or doing the right thing it doesn't matter as much.

P.S. If you want to complain about something in heroic BF, then those last 3 pulls of the felguards is plain stupid without the right CC.

Dregard
12-30-2007, 04:38 AM
I allways tell my grp to not use CC, give me a few seconds to get aggro, and only use single target DPS on the skull. (I remark a new mob with a skull after the first one is down.) I use Thunderclap every cooldown, apply demo-shout, +Shieldslam/revenge/devastate on the focus'd mob.

Never had a problem as long as DPS'ers doesnt start using chain-lightning, whirlwind etc.. Tell the healer to not heal the dmg you take from bloodrage, that has started me off on the wrong foot far too many times.

I have to say this strategy isnt for everyone, my gear level is at tier5 standard. (All of the badge-gear, etc.)
But even i struggle to survive the grps of 2 Felguards towards the end, they hurt something fierce. :mad:

Muggs
12-30-2007, 05:25 AM
Let me see, BF Tactics, last run was smooth like vanilla ice (ow, it's early)

Pally Tank, Holy Priest, Warlock, Mage, and I have no idea what the other class was, maybe hunter?

Sheeping the mean dudes, I can't remember their names, but they come in pairs. While I could double tank them, my healer was freaking out cause they hit like Prince, so I sheeped them and ZZzzzed.

Fire Imps: these guys HURT, Banish makes life much easier, same thing then the fel annihilators, banish makes life easier on these -- also, I make my team hug the annihilators to prevent surges/intercepts.

As for the chain pulls.. AoE fear bomb (Psychic Scream and Howl) then sheep a straggler -- I would drop Seal of Wisdom on the sheep then we'd regen mana via melee and wanding until the next group came (yeah, they are actually on a timer if you wait long enough)

Narshe
12-30-2007, 11:33 PM
Having a warlock for the last Felguard pulls are really suggested. So for this event you have 2 of the three mobs CCed (one single feared, the other aoe feared/seduced) and you sure have a mage, hunter or something that can offtank one of them like a pally, warrior or druid.

Alent
12-31-2007, 10:59 AM
My only group to attempt this place did a suicide charge into the last boss room since we couldn't take the felguards. We all ran in, died, a shaman ankhed and rezzed us all, and we took the boss with ease.

... Those felguards do more damage than prince's crushing blows. >_<

Dismember
01-04-2008, 09:02 AM
As stated before, it's all about group coordination. As long as everyone focus fires the fel orcs one by one, it's easy to keep the rest on you with TC/Cleave. If you don't have the gear to tank them all at once (as I did not my first couple times in heroic BF) bring along an OT. A feral dr00d works great, since they can lay out the DPS in kitty form as well as pop into bear for this encounter and grab two of the orcs while you handle the others. They also come in handy as an OT for the later Felguard pulls, because if you don't have the gear to tank all the fel orcs you don't have the gear to tank two Felguards.

tarmc0
01-04-2008, 09:19 AM
only use single target DPS on the skull. (I remark a new mob with a skull after the first one is down.) I use Thunderclap every cooldown, apply demo-shout, +Shieldslam/revenge/devastate on the focus'd mob.

Exactly what I do and don't find it a problem. I am all epiced but only to tier 4 and badge gear and healer is of same standard. Only difference is I always take a Lock who will fear one mob while I tank the rest. Tanking the two Felguards towards the end is insane. Lock banish and tank one at a time :D

Throng
01-07-2008, 08:35 AM
I ran this for the first time with some guildies last night and, although we had a few wipes they were due to general mucking about and having fun rather than insane difficulty. :)

The group was warrior (me (http://armory.wow-europe.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Thunderhorn&n=Throngy)), mage, resto druid, shadow priest, and a tankadin. For the felguard pairs just before Mag we had our mage kite one while the rest of us concentrated on the other. Worked a treat.

mattdeeze
01-07-2008, 09:59 AM
We have a pretty simple strategy for that event. Our usual group is Prot War, Mage, Feral Druid, Hunter, and Priest. although we have run it just as easily with a lock and resto druid in the last two slots. The first two sets of mobs are simple. the key on the 3rd and 4th sets is to pop a fear so that everyone can get a target for CC (just one fear, chain fearing takes too long, and they release on a timer). My feral druid pops bear form and tanks the first kill, then switches to cat to help burn down mine, and the CC's. Same deal on the 4th set except we keep the last one sheeped till we have a chance to regain some group mana before the boss (if you can call him that, he's pretty weak) comes

Khatia
01-07-2008, 11:56 AM
Some of the orcs in each group are MindControllable, have a priest MC one and use it to tank a second, CC the third and you're left with tanking one at a time. Granted you need a spare priest not healing you but it trivializes the fight.

Talani
01-07-2008, 12:03 PM
My group had no trouble tell the fel anns, even when I blocked it he did almost 5k damage to me. the first few hits seem to be the worst.

Sojin
01-27-2008, 03:30 PM
By far the most difficult thing in the instance is the event b4 second boss. This really needs a lot of coordination. Meaning players have to not attack things just because they are being attacked. It is a LOT better for players to practice kiting/avoiding rather than dpsing whatever hits them. Rogues can blind, locks/preists/wars can fear, wars have hamstring as well, druids can stun and cyclone, everyone should have some method of at least slowing a target down or stopping a target from attacking and this is the most important thing. Then as someone said before focus fire, if the healer has to use all his mana on the first 3 waves your not going to do very well.

Also on a side note, be cearful with fear because if you fear a mob close to one of the cages they can come out.

Dragaan
01-27-2008, 04:48 PM
best tactic, as stated above, is just TC/demo/cleave and focus fire. tried that my first ever bf run in mostly blues and we all survived on the first try. just make sure ur healer is capable of keeping you up through it and the dps doesnt suck, lol.

Heinrich
03-05-2008, 06:43 AM
Easiest way Ive found is having a Skull mark key binding and a sheep one, tell your mage to sheep AFTER a thunderclap, then just focus fire your skull target.

Gotta be patient with a lot of pulls there too.

MichaelRo
04-22-2008, 04:01 AM
Well warriors who want to tank ez mode heroics with blue gear should get 2 pts in imp demo shout and 3 pts in imp TC.

Example:
-in heroic hellfire ramparts bonechewer destroyer hits after useing demo shout talented under 1.5k on 14k armor.

And on those waves use if you do not have at least 14k armor ironshield potions.

As they get out set skull on some so your party attacks same target and do a demo shout and a thunder clap on them.
I am geting hit for like max 1.2k on 16k armor after debuff them with demo shout 2 pts talented.

drenchov
05-09-2008, 05:41 AM
I believe the place has gone through some changes. Back when I tanked it in blues, I believe the spawns weren't elite [mind I don't know if their damage was any lower tho]

But there are multiple things:

get aggro fast, take imp TC, and try to round them up, keep marking/remarking and let your dps focus fire, perhaps even kiting the first target. This will give you some breathing space since the real danger of these mobs isn't their damage, it's their concussion blows. I have had times in which I was chainstunned for almost 10 seconds, leaving my avoidance to 0 and I was getting hit pretty hard, this hurts whatever gear you have. So your healer has to be awake and spam like crazy when that happens. You can't build aggro either so DPS has to be careful or ready to kite [careful DPS is rare though ;)]

I can't recall having that many issues with it back when I was in bold since the big paintrain were the demons on the end... [they hurt, but remember, they can be disarmed and stunned !]

Barlic
05-12-2008, 12:07 PM
Since no one has mentioned, don't try enslaving the felguards at the end since they are immuned in the heroic version, found that out the hard way. Odds are it will make the felgaurd go and splatter the warlock. From what I remember last summer the normal version of BF they are enslavable which is kind of amusing.

Raize
05-28-2008, 03:26 PM
Even though this place is not technically challenging, it can be physically challenging as the mobs in here hit harder than nearly any other heroic. Most mobs hit a decently geared tank from 2-4k and the felguards near the end anywhere from 4-5k.
This is definately not a place where you can let loose mobs run around beating on your party members. I believe i remember once seeing a rogue being crit for 13k by one of the mobs near the beginning.
Don't expect to waltz through with an undergeared party unless you have a lot of CC.

Fortriu
05-28-2008, 06:10 PM
CC really is the key - I'm surprised how easily I did this last night as the daily. It has been heavily nerfed though - you don't even have to repeat the event now if you wipe on the boss (which we did as the dps managed to go oom) and istr the mobs used to be on a timer, which no longer happens, the waves just come out after the last lot are all dead.

I got the mage to sheep one target, and had a rogue with enough health to handle a mob if it hit him. A good healer is essential, at least one CC is essential, but we found we didnt need fears. Just tab-targeted the rest, tc, demoshout. It does help having a non-mana using dps class in the group.

I'll take note of the moon and skull marking macros, as the mage did a beautiful job of sheeping my target each time around. The other macro I use which probably helped was to macro my shield block and revenge together. It's not always rage-efficient but handy for keeping SB up in situations where you're likely to take more damage. The other macro I use is to focus my healer at the start and use a focus macro for intervene.

Delicatesse
06-03-2008, 05:44 AM
Those pulls got nerfed a lot, rightfully so. Back in the old times, a half-T4-half-blue warrior just went from 100 to 0% in about 3 seconds on the first Broggok wave, I couldn't believe my eyes. The mobs also charged out to random people, potentially 1 or 2 shotting clothies. Sometimes I'm amazed what Blizzard thinks when testing stuff like that.
Now they hit for about 600 each, without demo on 17K armor. No cc is needed anymore. If you want to use CC, just quickly TC them, mark one with skull and let another one or two being CCed.
BF is still the highest pyhsical damage place, lot of trash hits for 2-3K with pretty high attack speed and there are 2-4 mobs in each pack. Not to mention the felguards at the end who hit like T5 bosses, seriously. Fortunately they can be feared, stunned, rooted, taunted and kited.

Curveball
06-03-2008, 07:14 AM
Those felguards at the end make me shudder! I will definitely try disarming one next time, that is one skill I admit I neglect or forget about!

Fortriu
06-03-2008, 07:40 PM
The felguards were nerfed last patch too - even on normal they used to charge randomly... it no longer seems to happen. I actually found the last 3 pulls the easiest - I remember the days of doing that part on my rogue with no warlock and having to blind the felguards.

uglybbtoo
06-17-2008, 08:26 PM
I was tanking heroic Blood Furnace and we got to the room before the second boss. After we cleared the room we pulled the lever to start the event. There were four waves of elites total. The first two waves each had three mobs while the second pair of waves each had four mobs. My group never made it past the third wave. Even with two forms of croud control the elites ripped our group to pieces. Since they were dealing nearly four thousand damage every hit to me and even more to the cloth wearers, we didn't stand a chance. How on earth did anyone manage this event without epic gear?

If you want ez-mode take a shadow priest.

They can MC any of these mobs when they are not red coloured. There is nothing to break there channelling and they use the mc'ed one to tank another. It turns a 4 elite pack into a trival 2 elite pack.

Sirq
06-18-2008, 01:23 AM
the last time I went there, and yea, I never really fancied the instance cus them mobs smack like *inc truck keke*
but anyway;
I rushed through the instance using minimal CC, just a sheep without marking, chainpulling and leaving the dps'rs ''wait ples im oom xD'' - but I just kept on going cus the healer was just fine, did it in about 30/45mins I think, setup was a pallyhealer/SP/mage and.. a.. boomkin. the 2nd boss pretrash was easily done with TC/ww/tc rotation and further more the felguards didn't charge so np there (if they even charge atall)