PDA

View Full Version : PvP Gear purchase order

Paramount
12-28-2007, 09:39 PM
Aight, this one has been killing me. I recently started to arena and pvp with my brother. I started with nothing except some of the dps loot I had snagged while tanking. So my question is thus: What do you guys think the best purchase order of pvp gear is to max out effectiveness in 2v2 arena? Should I grind out honor to snag the S1 stuff before I buy the non-set epics?

Skunktruck
12-29-2007, 03:44 AM
The s1 set is very nice, and the 2 and 4 peice bonuses are very good for pvp. They are fairly cheap to get. Resilience really makes a big difference in your survivablity , i certainly noticed the difference once i got to the 150-200 range, and the set pieces and 2 piece bonus go a long way towards getting that. I got the full 5 piece set first, and am currently working on the other peices to round things out. Maybe look for a felsteel necklace and a felsteel ring on AH for some resilience to start out with to.

psychostomp
01-08-2008, 05:17 AM
skunk i was right there with ya til u mentioned getting the felsteel neck and ring. Do not waste your time with these. Get S2 and S3 rings and S3 neck with honor.
As far as order goes Grab a weapon first. After that get a few pieces of S1 gear and the S3 non set pieces since you are already arenaing you should be able to pick up 1-2 S3 pieces relatively quickly so if it was me i wouldnt buy the gloves with honor but use my arena points to buy the S3 gloves since they are the cheapest.

One final note dont stop at ten games a week the only way to get better is to practice. That being said if in any one session u drop 2 matches in a row take a break or call it for the day. sadly losses tend to snowball so if u are losing more than winning take a breather figure out what was going wrong and when u no longer want to shoot people IRL go back and win.

lionel
02-09-2008, 06:07 PM
as far as getting gear in order, you should start with full S1 gear to begin with. About the S3 items, my advice is go for the Chest, Pants or Helmet. These 3 are the priciest as far as Arena Points and enchants that you put on them. You also benefit a lot more from these 3 pieces as they have armor penetration on them. The Shoulders and Gloves don't and we're assuming you have S1 Shoulders and gloves. I raid with my warrior too and DKP is used for 25 man content but not Kara. I use T4 from Kara and trying to get T4 Shoulders since I use S1 for pvp. Im not getting Chest anytime soon due to DKP as well as pants. I already have my pants and getting Chestpiece this Tuesday. S1 Chestpiece is all I use for pvp and raiding so it will be a nice upgrade in my overall dps. I dps as an MS warrior and do pretty well in 25 man content with the proper DPS rotation.

Ceravantes
02-10-2008, 07:48 AM
If you have a weapon already, go straight for the non-set epics, this will give you the most bang for your buck. If you spend all your time getting season 1 gear then replace it with season 2/3 stuff you would still have to spend your time grinding out the non-set pieces.

Also, medalion of the Horde before anything else.

cael
02-10-2008, 06:45 PM
Medallion of the Horde first?

I was thinking ring ect first...but i guess the medallion lasts longer? Is it a life saver in the lower brackets or just needed once my gear is adequate to break 1800?

Ceravantes
02-10-2008, 06:50 PM
Medalion of the horde is the most important part of any pvp set, period.

Kazeyonoma
02-10-2008, 08:02 PM
for a warrior you will be cc'd A LOT. having the medallion on a 2 minute timer will be your life saver. especially if you break the first cast of timers, or have it saved for that kill shot. you wouldn't believe how frustrating it is to get someone to execute range, and have em stunned... but sit in a cyclone for 5 seconds.