PDA

View Full Version : vs Warrior/Druid

ScientificLee
12-26-2007, 07:58 AM
I'm currently running a warrior/pally combo and we are having a difficult time against Warrior/Druid teams. Any advice on how to handle this lethal combo?

Ukyo
12-26-2007, 12:22 PM
Kinda hard, you need to rely on a lot of luck. Mainly what i like to do is focus on the druid and when he's running for his/her life, away from the warrior, switch, hamstring or fear, trinket, and take down the druid. Then if your pally is not in trouble, it's a really piece of cake.

The other thing you can do is focus on the warrior, using sunders and 1h/Sh, keeping him away from the druid (or at least trying to).

Most of the times it's all about luck and messing up on the other side and then you can win. Other times... you just got wtfstomped

Edit: On your pally side, he should try and save HoJ for the druid when he's running for his life, and fake some heals for the feral charge. It's tricky, but eventually you'll get it

Daikyu
12-27-2007, 04:24 AM
From my limited personal experience, the difficulty of the match scales directly with the skill of the druid.

Judgement of Justice is by far the most important thing; if it's on a druid that isn't trying hard enough to get away from the warrior, they can usually be taken down pretty easily.

If the druid is highly skilled, then it becomes a tough or unwinnable game. If the game isn't unwinnable (my apologies for the double negative, but it fits in context), the warrior needs to be on the druid and interrupting enough spells to kill the druid before the healing from the paladin runs out or they get a chain "skill" lock (bear stuns, war stuns, cyclone and fear) off on the paladin and deal fatal damage before the paladin can get a heal in.

ScientificLee
12-27-2007, 09:29 AM
Thanks.

Clyde
01-03-2008, 02:28 PM
Against resto-druids, I've had my best success splitting my DPS a bit.

Many druids will dash in, heal, dash away, orbit, dash back, heal... constantly orbiting to toss HoTs in and keep away from trouble. I've found that getting into combat really throws them off their game, so I've been watching them, and hitting them with an Intercept as they come into range. This lets me put some pain onto them, throws them off stride, and then when they start to run back out, I swap back to my original target.

The basic idea is to force them to worry about keeping alive themselves, thus giving you the "mental time" to put his partner into a critical situation.

Again, Judgement of Justice helps enormously with this, forcing the druid to really work to flee.

Kazeyonoma
01-03-2008, 02:43 PM
make sure your paladins keeps judgement of justice on the druid, and keep bof on your warrior he'll be able to hit the druid hard a lot, and keeps him from entangling roots, its tricky but your paladin needs to run with the warrior to keep justice on the druid and also when the druid is close to death to throw out the hammer of justice to allow the warrior to finish him off, timing your fears, stuns, and keeping JoJ up is the key to winning. I know its the only time I lose against pally/warriors.

Bones
01-04-2008, 04:01 AM
Haven't had alot of games vs them yet, but the ones we've won have had me and my paladin both on the druid. If their warrior gets on me to help his druid they usually lose.