PDA

View Full Version : Gear Check and Random Questions

FuManchuAeon
12-25-2007, 07:58 AM
Heya guys, a few quick questions.

Im MT for our guilds 2nd kara group. weve been up to prince, but havnt down him yet. and have only had one shot, simply due to the holidays and raid sched.

Anyways, I wanted to know what you guys recommended as the Best Pre-Kara Blues/Purples that are obtainable for these items. and which is better on a rating of your preference

Boots -- Mine Suck. badly. and I cant seem to get a group through heroic BF for the life of me. please help

Necklace -- Waiting for maiden to drop something tank related. but it hasnt happened yet for gloves Or Necklace. in the meantime. Thalodins Charm or the Revered Cen Rep one?

Ring -- No band of imp defenses on AH yet from what ive seen, Delicate eternium vs. Andormu's tear?

Trinkets -- Onyxia blood talis/adamantite fig combo. again, no drop off moroes for his pocket watch. i would like more stamina, would you guys really recommend anything heavily? or is it basically a meh situation? I do like the blood talisman tho.. lol

and the meat of my dilema for the most part

Gloves.

Is it worth it for me to Use my D3 gloves (and gain the bonus since I use the D3 shoulders) instead of the Felsteel gloves (no bonus, since I have eternium great from opera instead of felsteel)?

And one last question for warrior tanks out there. What do you think of tanking with daggers? I know its unorthodox, but I havnt had SE or KD drop yet, and I havnt gotten quite enough rep for HH for the Honors Call.. Ill be there in a few days, but What do ya'll think? My daggers served me well, and it seems to keep my rage filled by being fast, decent dps on it for devastates. but am I missing something incredibily obvious in using it? I get a lotta strange tells from people saying "YOU TANK WITH A DAGGER!?!?" so i feel stupid like i missed something incredibly important (sides Def/Avoidance values)

Anyways, if yall could check my spec and gear out, and gimme any comments and constructive critism I would be really appreciative =)

and 'Tanks' (heh, get it? Ta.. nevermind) for sticking through my brick of a post

-Fuman

I dont know how to get it to link to my armory deal. uh.

so my toons name is FuManchuAeon

and hes on Exodar server

Sorry for no direct link =(

Makelele
12-25-2007, 09:10 AM
I seem to remember having the felsteel crafted set when I first started MTing Karazhan. I eventually filled that in with Heroic gear, then replaced it all with tier4/Karazhan gear. Heroic badge gear would be an interesting addition too.

The Prince is quite often a fight based on luck more than skill. A lucky sampling of infernal drops can make a poor group succeed, while an unlucky one can make the best group wipe. Once you gear up a bit, you'll at least hit the 50% success ratio.

Jylina
12-25-2007, 10:04 AM
I tanked with daggers for a while as well, I had the emerald ripper drop before I got the Grom'Tors Charge which quickly replaced my dagger. I have since replaced the Charge with Sun Eater but if its the best weapon you have go ahead and use your dagger. It works for you so keep going with it.

Radhja
12-25-2007, 01:42 PM
The Prince is quite often a fight based on luck more than skill. A lucky sampling of infernal drops can make a poor group succeed, while an unlucky one can make the best group wipe. Once you gear up a bit, you'll at least hit the 50% success ratio.One of the truest statements I've read to date.

I tried Prince with my guild this week, and it was my first time at Prince, but the rest of the group was mostly ZA-worthy veterans who were fully decked out.

We wiped on Prince 5 times because of 5 supremely unlucky Infernal drops. (I swear to Gruul that the damn game was AIMING for us.)

...of course, it didn't help he has 4 melee DPSers, but regardless, every time we moved an infernal landed on us.

In the end, just keep at it. Poor groups can handle Prince's damage with little preparation (and a good block rating on the tank), but it all comes down to how much room the group has to maneuver around the damned AoE damage.