PDA

View Full Version : A Motivational Tool

Ciderhelm
12-21-2007, 08:06 AM
Plastered to our guild frontpage during a rough patch where we were closing in on finishing the game's content:

http://www.theoryspot.com/photoplog/images/1/1_BossListdec18.jpg

The two blue names were the two bosses pre-TBC that we had not completed at the time. They were shown very clearly as incomplete. Our guild members saw it every day they checked the forums. More importantly, they knew the rest of the server saw it.

It was because of this list that we had the motivation to clear up even the more annoying bosses (read: viscidus). It was because of this that we raided through some genuinely difficult times. And it was because of this that many of us were able to take a serious, prolonged break after Burning Crusade released, knowing we had accomplished what we had set out to do.

Are you using the tools available to you to help push the guild forward, or merely to document milestones?

Bluenose
12-23-2007, 01:02 PM
Personally I just wish blizz would make a booterang that GMs could use on guildies...

WHY YOU PUT THE BOOTERANG ON THE SKIN?! WHY!?

;)

Seriously though, I find that milestone recording in itself is somewhat of a motivational tool, I know that when our guild first started Kara, some good victory screenshots help a lot to spark interest in making raids more of a group effort.

Rak
12-23-2007, 03:34 PM
Screw Viscidus. We skipped him after C'thun and Ouro. Was it even possible to do Eranikus after he had been killed once on the server?

Ciderhelm
12-24-2007, 02:27 PM
Screw Viscidus. We skipped him after C'thun and Ouro. Was it even possible to do Eranikus after he had been killed once on the server?
Yes. You could go do it now if you could get a raid group for the raid content.