PDA

View Full Version : The Unbreakable Will vs. The Brutalizer

Barlok
12-19-2007, 02:51 PM
Both weapons are now within reach as we are progressing through MH and BT. I am having a very hard time deciding which one I should take. Is the increase in armor worth the loss of expertise?

I have been the MT all the way through SSC and The Eye, and will continue to do so. The bosses are hitting me, that's why I wonder which weapon would be better for boss tanking.

I am currently using The Mallet Of The Tides.

Here is a link to my armory for further reference:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Suramar&n=Barlok

Malignus
12-19-2007, 03:22 PM
The Brutalizer combined with Gorefiend's Gauntlets are your best bang for the buck threat increasing combo in the game. Especially when stacked with the badge neck. You'll get plenty of armor & defense from every other slot as you progress.

Go with whichever drops first, but The Brutalizer is a far better weapon overall.

Taelas
12-20-2007, 02:59 AM
Not for a human.

Narshe
12-20-2007, 04:15 AM
Humans get more benefit by wearing Mallet of the Tides :P

deadwrong
12-20-2007, 04:22 AM
i picked up The Unbreakable Will and enchanted with +20 Agi and use it for pure mitigation fights where high TPS is not an issue.

Keep your Mallet, it's nice. I prefer to use my Swiftsteel Bludgeon (with Exe enchant) on trash which isn't hitting too hard, and the Mallet (with Mongoose) on mobs / bosses which require a decent level of both mit and tps.

- DW

Taelas
12-20-2007, 05:34 AM
Humans get more benefit by wearing Mallet of the Tides :P

The Unbreakable Will is more balanced overall, having both good threat, faster speed and more avoidance and mitigation, so I disagree. The difference in threat is negligible -- Mallet of the Tides is slower, but has more Expertise.

Narshe
12-20-2007, 05:54 AM
Don't forget that expertise give spike damage reduction due to avoiding getting parried more often. That's why, imho, the mallet is better than the sword for a human. Sure the sword is more balanced, but having almost all the expertise you need in one slot gives you more gear options in other. The only reason I would take the sword over the mallet is where you have more aggro than needed, spiky damage is not an issue and any extra armor is useful, and I would take it even if I weren't human. That's why I consider the mallet better for humans.

Taelas
12-20-2007, 05:57 AM
Not enough to off-set the extra armor.

In any case, they are close enough as to make little practical difference. :)

Aelvain
12-21-2007, 03:03 PM
The Unbreakable Will is more balanced overall, having both good threat, faster speed and more avoidance and mitigation, so I disagree. The difference in threat is negligible -- Mallet of the Tides is slower, but has more Expertise.

The .1 faster speed on The Unbreakable Will and 4 more dps or whatever is not going to make a difference - not nearly as much as +3 expertise, which is at least a 1.5% overall threat increase. Realistically you're comparing 2 defense skill and 308 armor vs. +3 expertise.

If you're not human there's no question that The Brutalizer is the best weapon in the game for you.

Satrina
12-21-2007, 03:21 PM
Weapons are for making threat. Any consideration of "mitigation" or "avoidance" stats on your weapon is silly. You have 16 other slots for that.

Taelas
12-21-2007, 09:34 PM
The threat stats that are specifically from your weapon ends at the damage range and the weapon speed. All other threat stats can be gotten in other slots.

There is nothing wrong with considering mitigation and avoidance stats on a weapon.