PDA

View Full Version : Non Raid upgrades options

Retsamexa
12-19-2007, 12:05 PM
Hello I am 2 weeks into 70 and I am looking for feedback on gear upgrades.

First off I have no access to raiding currently. So my main options are heroics, badge rewards and crafted items. I am looking for what is best worth my time and will allow me to attain each successive piece with more ease.

If armory will update properly I should have my tank set equipped.

I currently have 3/3 Felsteel set (leaning to HP gem wise), also have Timewardens Leggings (not sure which is better)

I am farming heroic badges and am wondering which piece would be the best 1st choice and why.

Lastly great forums and resources here. My thanks to all the great contributers, very useful, has helped me a lot.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Doomhammer&n=Retsamexa

Mordigen
12-19-2007, 12:38 PM
For your first badge gear i would compare the amount of an upgrade it would be to your current gear. If it is taking you a long time to get badges, I would start out with the cheaper pieces first. The bracers are a good cheap one due to the increase in armor, stam, and the bonus of getting increased threat from the expertise. The cloak would be another great upgrade for cheap. If you are getting badges fairly quickly and can afford to hold out a bit longer, the legs are one of the better pieces you can get and easily upgraded you past tier 4. The belt is another great piece for the armor, stamina, and avoidance.

So bottom line, I would say take a piece that is going to make the biggest difference right off the bat, and take into account the difficulty in acquiring badges. If you want to keep it low, I would say bracers will make the biggest impact, if you want to spend big take the legs as soon as you can.

Retsamexa
12-19-2007, 01:09 PM
Thanks for the quick reply, also I am currently farming hero TK for exhalted and my shield. I also get a small chance at the Sun Eater. With the change in 2.3 with Orc racial, how does the Sun Eater compare to say the Warbringer in regards to expertise? It would probably depend on how much expertise I get with upgrades I suppose?

Hargael
12-20-2007, 12:33 AM
What I would do (I am almost at the same point) : Drop your neck and take Cenarion Expedition reward, farm for Sha'tar shield (almost done), enchant your legs with +30 stam, do a little pvp for S1 shoulders, drop herbalism for engineering and tankatronic goggles, and find a gyro gun.
About badges, I would choose first cape and belt, then legs hands bracers and neck. And finally chest if you farm a lot.
I am not an orc nor an expert, but I'd prefer Sun Eater than Warbringer (for speed and dodge).

Kailos8P
12-20-2007, 06:58 AM
Added suggestion..

do a little more PvP for S1 shield. Far better then Sha'tar exalted, and easier to get. Not really surpassed till Gruul shield (only just). Well worth the 15k honor.

Retsamexa
12-20-2007, 10:51 AM
Hargael - I actually do have the CE rep neck, must not have equipped it :p, and in reguards to the Sun Eater vs Warbringer, its is just because Orc racial now gives +expertise with Axes so I was just wondering if that makes it a better choice. Perhaps someone with more knowledge could elaborate on that point. As for the googles I have thought about it and not sure about the grind with engineering :(

Kailos8p - Is the S1/S2 arena shield really that good and viable for PVE? For when I have access to raiding, I have read mixed reviews on this can anyone clarify this more.

Thanks for the feedback keep it coming! :p

Kailos8P
12-20-2007, 05:48 PM
Well compare for yourself..
S1 shield over Crest of Shatar has:
S1 has 732 more Armour.
It also has 2 more stamina (that is with 2x Solid Star of Elune in the Crest)
and it also has 2 more block value (even accounting for the extra block value on Crest of Shatar).

The only thing better about Crest of Shatar is 13 defense rating, vs 29 resilliance rating. In my opinion, the extra EH from S1 is far more valuable then 13 defense rating and the 29 resilliance rating helps you bridge the gap created by lack of Defense in badge gear. I've found S1 to fit perfectly into my set.

Retsamexa
12-22-2007, 11:09 AM
Thanks for the replies so far are, does anyone have any feedback reguarding the Warbringer vs Sun Eater for Orc's due the expertise bonus?

Retsamexa
12-27-2007, 02:31 PM
anyone?

Taelas
12-27-2007, 03:31 PM
Let's see here. Warbringer vs. The Sun Eater -- for pure threat, I'd go with Warbringer as an orc. In any case where threat is not an issue, I'd use The Sun Eater.

So in my opinion, for general use, The Sun Eater's additional stamina and the faster speed wins out. It's simply put more balanced. The Warbringer has both hit rating and due to your race, 5 Expertise skill. Combined with the slightly higher damage range, it edges out The Sun Eater for pure threat. The difference is not excessive, though -- The Sun Eater will most likely be your best bet.

Retsamexa
12-28-2007, 01:35 AM
Thanks.