PDA

View Full Version : Flames of Azzinoth

Atsuma
12-18-2007, 11:46 AM
can anyone link a gear set for tanking these, need 365 FR while maintaining 490 defense i believe. badge gear and some crafted peices put me at 268 FR. thx for your time

Dugrin
12-18-2007, 12:01 PM
I use these resist pieces for the Flames of Azzinoth:

Amulet of the Tornheart 24 FR
Inferno Tempered Chestguard 60 FR
Inferno Tempered Leggings 55 FR
Inferno Tempered Boots 45 FR
Inferno Tempered Gauntlets 40 FR
Phoenix-fire Band 30 FR
Wyrmcultist cloak 24FR

Total 278 FR

15 FR to cloak
8 FR to gloves

Total 301 FR

When we got our first kill my other pieces were:

Destroyer Helm
Pauldrons of Abyssal Fury
Eternium Shell Bracers
Girdle of Stability
Band of the Abyssal Lord
Scarab of Displacement
Dabiri's Enigma

The only different enchant was 15 resilience on my FR chest to get crit immune.

Wartorn
12-18-2007, 01:44 PM
This is the set-up I'm planning on.

Wartorn - Character - World of Warcraft - WoWDigger (http://wowdigger.com/character/view/32785#o3)

Dragaan
01-20-2008, 08:17 AM
I have not reached the point where I will need the set (currently at Gurtogg), but I have prepared what I think will be my final FR set for the Illidan fight... Any comment/suggestions from tanks who have already done the fight would be appreciated. (just listing statistics)

14.9k Health
262 unbuffed Fire Resist (+70 from aura and 35 from flask = 367 buffed resist)
471 Defense and 31 Resillience (bringing me to exactly 5.63% uncrittable)
16.54% Dodge
14.92% Parry
303 Block Value
35 Hit Rating (2.22%)
16 Expertise (-4.00% dodge/parry)

I will be gaining +18 to all stats as well, from using the flask of chromatic wonder (overall, this will benefit me more than a flask of fortitude in that it allows me to keep my current gear setup and still remain FR-capped).

I am just wondering how these stats compare to other FR tanks who have done the fight successfully, and if there are any stats which need to be improved upon (although my current set is extremely balanced out - meaning if I change one item, I will most likely have to replace several things).

Vimy
01-20-2008, 11:49 AM
I have not reached the point where I will need the set (currently at Gurtogg), but I have prepared what I think will be my final FR set for the Illidan fight... Any comment/suggestions from tanks who have already done the fight would be appreciated. (just listing statistics)

14.9k Health
262 unbuffed Fire Resist (+70 from aura and 35 from flask = 367 buffed resist)
471 Defense and 31 Resillience (bringing me to exactly 5.63% uncrittable)
16.54% Dodge
14.92% Parry
303 Block Value
35 Hit Rating (2.22%)
16 Expertise (-4.00% dodge/parry)

I will be gaining +18 to all stats as well, from using the flask of chromatic wonder (overall, this will benefit me more than a flask of fortitude in that it allows me to keep my current gear setup and still remain FR-capped).

I am just wondering how these stats compare to other FR tanks who have done the fight successfully, and if there are any stats which need to be improved upon (although my current set is extremely balanced out - meaning if I change one item, I will most likely have to replace several things).

Your numbers are great. 14.9k health will put you over 19k with commanding up (fully buffed). I tank the flames with around this number, no issues. Once you have max f/r and are uncrittable (def / resilience) stamina is your next most important stat.

Goodluck

Fame
01-20-2008, 01:01 PM
This is what you should aim for.
Max HP: Fame - Character - World of Warcraft - WoWDigger (http://wowdigger.com/character/view/29579/fame#o5)

Plainstalker
01-23-2008, 08:30 AM
I used the following setup for tanking the Flames of Azzinoth. We got our first kill on 1/14/08.

Warbringer Greathelm w/FR enchant
Barbed Choker of Discipline
Pauldrons of Abyssal Fury w/+7 Universal Resist Enchant
Wyrmcultists Cloak w/FR enchant
Inferno Tempered Chestguard w/=15 Resil enchant
Eternium Shell Bracers
Inferno Tempered Gauntlets
Girdle of Stability
Inferno Tempered Leggings
Inferno Tempered Boots
Seventh Ring of the Trisfalen
Violet Signet of the Grand Protector
Dabiri's Enigma
Adamantite Figurine

I flasked up with a Chromatic Wonder Flask as well to complete my resistance. With this set up I had no issues at all with taking excessive fire damage and was completely crit immune. The resist gear is only half the battle though, I'd highly recommend taking a look at a video or two to get an idea of how the flames need to be kited. You're in a high-pressure role in this phase and more than likely your guild's success is pretty much dependant on 2 people to proceed through this portion of the fight. Good luck!