PDA

View Full Version : Looking to be viable in Arena...

Lilie
12-18-2007, 08:36 AM
Hey guys. Was looking for some suggestions concerning what requirements you would suggest (statwise/gearwise) to begin an attempt at a good Arena rating. I have been almost entirely PvE focused till now and I would like to start respeccing weekly to tank instances and do PvP. I'm planning on doing the BG's for honor to gear up a bit with the Season 1 stuff. How much of that would you suggest I have before jumping into some matches? Thanks in advance for the help.

ScientificLee
12-18-2007, 08:58 AM
Just play arena. The points you are losing each week is too valuable. Obviously BG as much as possible too.

Clyde
12-18-2007, 11:52 AM
Just play arena. The points you are losing each week is too valuable. Obviously BG as much as possible too.

I agree. You are not going to grab a high rank in Season 1 gear with only the back half of the season anyway, so you won't be getting weapons / shoulders. Might as well go ahead, take some losses, and grab some points.

Find some friends, fight some, take that first two weeks of (mostly) losses while you get used to the pace, and expect to find much of this season in the 1300 - 1400 - 1500 range if you are significantly undergeared. But after a few weeks you will be able to start correcting this with S2 or S3 stuff.

The big thing.... don't be discouraged, and don't be afraid to laugh at how bad your team is at first. Unless you've been PvPing for a bit already (and I gather you have not from your comments) you'll just have to pay your dues learning how folks do things.

It's fun anyway.

DaddyGamer
12-20-2007, 05:03 AM
Just to get a hint, since u come from PvE as I have myself.
10k+ hp
1400+ AP
25%+ crit

Thats a good aim. But it will take some time for ya - unless you are stepping out of some high end raiding as PvE dps ofc.:D