PDA

View Full Version : Consumables

tripp6sic6
12-17-2007, 10:32 PM
Ok. I know I posted about preparing for my first Kara run a little while ago, but some things happened and tomorrow is scheduled as the first run. I'll be going as MT and I was wondering what kind of consumables and how much I will need for it. I have a stack of Spicy Crawdad, a stack of Heavy Netherweave Bandages, 5 Flasks of Fortification. What else should I take?

Narshe
12-18-2007, 03:50 AM
Too much flasks imho :P
Bring Ironshield Potions or Greater Stoneshield Potion and more bandages. I usually bring around 40xFoods but cheaper ones (+20 sta or +20agi). Maybe you would also want to bring some sharpening stones, but that's something Im used to bring, not something every tank uses.

Mordigen
12-18-2007, 09:22 AM
I used the 20 stam food just for the cheapness of them since I did not have my fishing that high or wasn't going to spend 50 gold for a stack of food that I was going to have to eat every time I died to learning a new instance, but if we gave it one good attempt and got close, I might eat the 30 stam for the little extra health on the next attempt. The flasks of fortification are great if you can afford them plus they last through death, or another good combo is an elixir of mastery and an elixir of fortification. You end up getting 15 to every stat, 250 extra health, and 10 health per 5 secs. Any extra super health pots or stoneshield pots are helpful too. I use some form of sharpening stone as well, but I may bring 20 bandages and use 1 on the aran fight, maybe get bored once and use another. I am usually healed and don't get to bandage myself that often, and if I die I am eating food anyways.

Nuberino
12-18-2007, 10:16 AM
Don't use consumeables that disappear when you die... for learning a place like Kara you are likely going to die a lot and rarely will anything that you do make much of a difference.

Flask of Fort
Greater Rune of Warding (persists through death on your bp)
Sharpening stone if have them (persists through death on your weapon)
Cheap Stamina food --- emphasis on cheap.

Otherwise you are throwing money down the drain. If you are undergeared to start tanking in Kara, Ironshield or Greater Stoneshield pots can make the difference but the only fights that I think they make a huge difference is the prince and nightbane... and they add up if you are wiping over and over learning.

No reason to waste money on consumables if you are not the weak link in the chain (and honestly in Kara the tank is really only the weak link on the prince and nightbane - the rest healers or dps will be the real key to the fights).

Mordigen
12-18-2007, 11:37 AM
I agree with Nuberino, and I forgot about the runes for the chest piece. I just threw in the elixirs cause we have a lot of those floating around that alchemist make and give to me but the flasks are a little harder to come by, but much better for the buck. The dps and healing as well as crowd control on moroes makes the difference. If you prepare yourself and you have the capability to avoid crits, shield block to get out of crushing, and have the health to take some big hits occasionally, the rest is up to dps to get the boss down as fast as possible, and the healers to keep you alive. Make sure you do what you can to keep your threat high so dps can make a good effort and not have to hold back continually, that is all you can ask for till you learn the encounters and get better gear at it.

Ruminator
12-19-2007, 04:45 PM
If you're learning a zone, you are generally throwing money away on consumables that are lost upon death. Flasks, stones, runes, cheap food (holiday vendors are great for 20 sta food, btw) - good stuff!