Andromedea
12-17-2007, 01:39 AM
Gyro-Balanced Khorium Destroyer...

Solid Star of Elune

or

Rigid Dawnstone

or

Enduring Talasite

Originally I was in fact planning to socket a Falling Star but then someone pointed out that I have extremely sub-par hit rating in my tank gear. ;p

Shortypop
12-17-2007, 01:57 AM
I'd go with stam or stam/def and get the heroic badges neck as an awesome alternate piece for when you want or need a hit rating boost.

Andromedea
12-17-2007, 02:33 AM
I'm eyeing that neck, yes. :) Next goal after Slikk's.

How much hit rating do I need if I am a draenei with the racial 1% hit aura not to miss shield slam on bosses? (I apologise if this has come up before)

Narshe
12-17-2007, 04:27 AM
Does the draenei aura affect urself?

Stonehoof
12-17-2007, 08:29 AM
I think the whole reason to get gyro is to get the huge stam it has when paired with a stam gem.

Honeslty when I want Hit I equip my Crystalline Crossbow

Get the badge Neck and Bracers and you will be more then fine honestly.

If you can get gruuls sheild at all in any way that would be the icing on the cake.

I think the Blueberry effects themselves, but it just doesn't show up on the character sheet, I may be wrong though

Andromedea
12-17-2007, 08:50 AM
Yeah it does affect me. Its just that it doesn't show up as an aura on my own screen. ;p

deadwrong
12-17-2007, 08:53 AM
Stone - Agree 100%

I equipped the +15 Sta gem from ZA into my gun (replaced the +12 I had in there already) and use this primarily in my EH / vanilla tanking set. If I need more +Hit then I'll swap in an item with +Hit on it.

- DW

BoomBeef
12-17-2007, 10:06 AM
Andromedea, how much +hit are you looking to keep in your EH set? Is this your regular tanking set? Will this gun be in all your tanking outfits?

If you aren't near your goal and the +8hit does it, then use that gem. I hover between 70 to 80 +hit (keep swapping rings) with 20 expertise in my regular tanking gear if that helps as a reference point but I do get help from wearing a BoAK for the chest.

Link
12-17-2007, 10:50 AM
If I had a Falling Star there is no question it would go in that gun.

Andromedea
12-17-2007, 11:02 AM
Andromedea, how much +hit are you looking to keep in your EH set? Is this your regular tanking set? Will this gun be in all your tanking outfits?

If you aren't near your goal and the +8hit does it, then use that gem. I hover between 70 to 80 +hit (keep swapping rings) with 20 expertise in my regular tanking gear if that helps as a reference point but I do get help from wearing a BoAK for the chest.

I have extremely disgraceful +hit, in the 20 hit rating range. ;p

It would go in my regular tanking EH set, the only other epic ranged weapon I have is the Illhoof throwing weapon with no stats and some +hit.

Still trying to save up badges to get the expertise stuff. :(

Iowynn
12-17-2007, 11:27 AM
If you want something for threat, you can always pick up a Shuriken from trash in SSC/TK. The Stiletto from Kara works too.

Not only do they both have twice as much hit, but they're damn fast which actually comes in handy over the gun (which is pretty slow.)

You can swap on the fly as needed so it's not a biggy. Put a stam gem in your gun and pick up an alternate ranged (preferably a fast one with hit) for threat.

I've suffered lack of hit rating in my solid tanking gear for a while simply due to lack of drops. It took 7 months for Gruul to drop my shield, and we've yet to see the neck out of SSC (which has been taken of the raid schedule in favor of MH/BT.) To compensate, I put together a hit/SBV set which I use for trash. I quickly learned it worked on half the bosses in SSC and TK as well. Don't worry too much about your hit rating. You can overcompensate with tons of SBV and still lead the TPS meter by a huge margin. Once you start getting some items with SBV on it, and you make use of that new talbuk recipe with the 20 hit rating, it won't be so much of a big deal.

If you can, pick up a Royal Arathi Cloak and a Poison Vial. That'll pretty much cover all your hit rating woes. The new badge reward neck is pretty nice too. You need iirc roughly 120 hit rating to reach the cap for bosses. It's not too difficult to hit 50-65ish without gimping yourself.