PDA

View Full Version : Expertise VS Combat Table

Alchamire
12-14-2007, 06:42 PM
Help me out here. According to Satrina's combat table every time you attack WoW makes a roll to see how your attack lands. I'm whondering what category Expertise lands in after pushing that amount of Dodge/Parry off of the table.

- 000-049 = Miss (5%)
- 050-149 = Dodge (10%)
- 150-249 = Parry (10%)
- 250-349 = Block (10%)
- 350-499 = Critical Hit (15%)
- 500-999 = Hit (50%)

So, does this mean that if I get a total of 40 Expertise Skill (not Expertise Rating) that it will completely wipe Dodge/Parry off the combat table? Seeing how every 4 Expertise is 1% less Dodge/Parry? I am not sure if this is really even possible to be honest and its more of a theory than anything. When/if I do stack a little bit of Expertise though, when the Dodge/Parry is removed from the combat table is it replaced with just plain Hit? Or would it factor into Miss?

faitas
12-14-2007, 06:49 PM
are you considering a boss level 73?
uh, don't think that table is correct
dodge would be more close to 6% and miss 9%

Alchamire
12-14-2007, 07:11 PM
Boss level aside, if I stacked enough Expertise to push Dodge/Parry off the combat table (whatever the % may be), would Hit or Miss remain it their place?

Armstrong
12-14-2007, 08:49 PM
Yes Expertise replaces Dodge and Parry with Hits on the combat table. With enough Expertise both can be completely removed.

I'm sitting at 25 Expertise and WWS logs confirm that I've almost completely gotten rid of Dodges (this log (http://wowwebstats.com/tcqq5mxe5oz1q?a=0) shows me being dodged 5 times in a four hour raid. Hit the "+" sign to see the details). Bosses have a higher parry rate than normal mobs so more expertise is needed to eliminate those. This page (http://wowwebstats.com/tcqq5mxe5oz1q?a=0&s=trash) singles out trash mob pulls for the whole night and I've been parried once and dodged twice.

Expertise does not reduce your Miss rate however, meaning that Hit Rating is still valuable to convert that part of the combat table into Hits (imagine that! ;) ).

Alchamire
12-15-2007, 10:58 AM
Thank you very much for sharing the wws log Armstrong.