PDA

View Full Version : State of the 3v3 Warrior

Matthew
12-14-2007, 07:26 AM
I'm curious from you hardcore PVP guys, what is the state of the warrior in 3v3 now days?

I'm currently on a team with my rogue who is almost as undergeared PVP wise as my warrior, but I'm kind of sick of playing rogue even though our team of Priest, Hunter, Rogue has done fairly well.

My question is, I'm farming honor right now to for a full set of vindicators and a S1 2H mace for my warrior, how good are warriors lately in the 3s? I know their still exceptional additions in 5s and if I'm not mistaken, they have fallen quite a bit in 2s right?

Anyway, any ideas on how well a hunter, priest, warrior team would work compared to my hunter, priest, rogue team?

Thanks guys,

-Mat

Kazaganthi
12-14-2007, 06:42 PM
Depending on the makeup warriors are still devastating in threes. A hunter, priest, warrior could work well as a mana burn/burst team. It would depend how adept the priest is at getting bop's off your main focus.

Kaz

Daikyu
12-14-2007, 10:16 PM
Warriors haven't fallen in 2's, they've just ran out of options regarding the classes you can group with and be competitive to the same degree as pre-2.2/2.3 or so (whenever resilience came in, I'm thinking).

I believe warrior/druid and warrior/shaman are still very competitive at the highest levels of play. Warrior / <anything else> would probably encounter anywhere from slight / ridiculous difficulty scaling the ranks, at least as far as I can tell from my limited experience.

On the other hand, there are probably quite a few viable 3's teams that wars can be a part of. Warrior / shaman / paladin is the easiest one I can think of off the top of my head, but your configuration doesn't look too bad (when evaluated from the well-made point given by Kaz).

Kazeyonoma
12-16-2007, 04:42 AM
Agreed, a warrior/hunter/priest team is definitely a good one if played right. with the changes made to the priest talent tree, discipline is the way to go, pain suppression should make it so that your team can survive most burst teams if you guys play your cards right, and time your aoe fears properly. Your hunter can basically spec either marks, or bm. Marks would be nice for more cc because of scatter shot, and silence shot, but you lose some burst this way. BM is definitely a better option if your hunter's gear isn't as good, and at lower brackets opponents won't think to kill your pet first so go bigredkitty on em and go to town. The true power in your makeup is the drain setup. Once you guys have enough synergy as a team, and have decent gear, the warrior will be tough to take down with backup from the hunter, and heals from the priest, the priest itself is hard to kill because of bubble starvation and pain suppression. The hunter will have kiteability on his side, so your survival aspects are all there. Now what to do against what teams. Basically against full dps teams, you 3 must survive the burst, if you don't get gib'd in the first minute or so, you guys will win, just take em down, play it smart. If you are up against other single healing teams, its a for sure win for your team, the priest can mana burn, while the hunter can viper sting, keep that up and shortly you'll roam in and just eat the healers. Just protect your squishies early on when cooldowns are blown. The only truly annoying one you'll come up against is the 2 healer/1 dps, normally a warrior, team. This is annoying because of the sheer dps you have to put out to blow through 2 healers, but because of your drain setup, you can win easily, just play out their mana, and play to your strengths. I think the combo you have works 100&#37; well, it'll just take a while twork out your own style of play. I'm still learning mine, and ever since i've gotten more defense, my 2s have gone up a lot, and I think you have to decide how much you can survive, and how much you can't, so knowing when to LOS, Intervene, Shield/Shield Reflect is a very crucial game to the warrior, especially against 3 dps teams.

Matthew
12-19-2007, 12:21 PM
Thank you both for the tips.

Kaze, you've got me all excited to start PVPing on my warrior ASAP.

I should have the 28k needed for the mace in another 7k or so honor, then I'll be able to start working on arena gear and more honor gear, gotta lay the foundation somewhere.

The guys I have on my side are both 350+ resilience, the hunter with over 11k hp and 35% crit I believe...I'm lucky to have a couple of friends who are willing to work on our team together until we've got the 2k+ rating we want.

can't wait to get started as MS!