PDA

View Full Version : Haste affecting rage generating?

Noraxe
12-14-2007, 12:10 AM
Been trying to find any info about if haste helps rage generating. Been asking in guild chat(where a number of people were warriors doing end game tanking pre tbc) about if haste affects rage generating. From what I seem to recall rage is just generated from the weapon speed and nothing else.
Haste being just faster hits. But after a fellow tank told me this I got pretty insecure about this.
but as I said, rage generation shouldnt be affected by haste. Should it?

Could anyone clarify this for me?
(Havent had my morning coffee yet, so the ability to express myself is worse the usual :) )

Thanks in advance.

Rinsterber
12-14-2007, 01:15 AM
If I am understanding correctly you are asking if a haste proc will lower the rage generated by your weapon. From my experience the answer is no. The rage is based on the damage you do not the speed of attack. The reason it seems so is because faster weapons tend to do less damage per hit. So if you use a 2.6 speed axe with say a top end of 226 damage it will generate more rage than a 1.6 speed sword with a top end of 150 damage. Now if you have enough has so that your axe speed is 2.2 or so it will still be doing 226 damage and the rage generated from that will still be the same.

I personally have not noticed less rage coming from hits when i get haste procs or pop my abacus but I could be wrong.

Noraxe
12-14-2007, 01:53 AM
Just as I thought :)
Needed some clarification since a fellow tank meant the oposite ^^