PDA

View Full Version : Maximum threat generation set

RickyTickiTavi
12-13-2007, 11:06 PM
This set will be for raid trash and heroics. I am mostly wondering what to socket with and which enchants to get not so much the gear itself.
I was thinking about trying to get as much crit as possible for SS crits. Kinda curious which way others have went.

Rak
12-14-2007, 12:51 AM
I have some stuff I socketed with hit rating gems for extra threat.

Narshe
12-14-2007, 02:53 AM
Hit, Expertise, Shield Spike, Block value are things that you would care about while building a threat gear.

deadwrong
12-14-2007, 04:12 AM
get a nice DPS 1h also - I use [Swiftsteel Bludgeon] along with my spiked [Shield of Impenetrable Darkness] for most trash. Swap out the obvious items such as neck, trinks, and rings for more DPS stats.

- DW

Narshe
12-14-2007, 04:49 AM
The Brutalizer - Mallet of the Tides are far better than any DPS weapon due to the expertise on them

Andromedea
12-16-2007, 06:11 PM
I'm having great difficulty coming up with a Threat Gen set, I only have one good item for most slots (being a rather new 70) and they are all socketed for max EH. Alternatives are blues and the odd epic, and socketing for hit would mean my hp would be alarmingly low.

As it stands my current EH set has pretty crappy +hit. ;p

Bonerot
12-17-2007, 04:07 AM
Threat set comes after your EH set imo. You should be able to get decent enough threat just with the proper rotation to get you started especially with the buffs to devastate. Just don't throw out blues with shield block value on them since there are many that are better then the early purples for threat.

dorfwawwior
12-17-2007, 07:20 PM
My threat set stacks hit, expertise, bv, in that order. You also want to dump some avoidance so you generate more rage from incoming dmg, but keep armor high and hp at a safe level. If you can't get expertise, just focus on hit and bv then. It is pointless to have really high bv and no hit, cause then most of your moves don't land as often. Trash mobs are at the most lvl 72, so tack on 2% over the std 5.6 hit vs lvl 70s and shoot for a hit rating that gets you 7.6% hit, after that just stack expertise and BV.