PDA

View Full Version : T6 4 Piece Bonus

shorto85
12-13-2007, 03:07 PM
So I finally picked up the tanking hat from Illidan last night, but I'm really torn if I should wear it or not, equipping it I lose my 4 piece bonus since we've only seen a couple protector chests drop from Illidan so far. If I do decide to drop it should I wear my gloves from Gorefiend and the Akama legs over T6?

My armory:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Alexstrasza&n=Draan

Cairn
12-13-2007, 03:29 PM
i am pretty sure , u don't have prb with threat , just take the best avoid gear now :)

(u have already the best gear .. )

Karsa Orlong
12-13-2007, 06:08 PM
Expertise is to valuable atm, wearing the teron gloves and breaking your set is worth it imo.

Ciderhelm
12-13-2007, 06:12 PM
My first question (and I don't have 4 pieces yet to test) is whether or not the 4-piece bonus still only applies to base damage, not full damage. It was pretty unimpressive a month or so ago.

But a very simple thing to do would be to keep Teron's gloves in your Threat set and Faceplate in your Damage Reduction set.

Tharr
12-13-2007, 07:06 PM
I'd do as Ciderhelm said, Gorefiend Gloves, rest t6 and max expertise for threat. And Illidan helm, rest t6 and go for avoidance and u'll get uncrushable if u want that, or switch in sta trinkets and still keep high avoidance if u'd rather want that.

Cairn
12-13-2007, 07:49 PM
Cider >4pieces T6 bonus based of the base damage (tested yesterday with Djenanou@Hyjal)

Tharr
12-13-2007, 08:55 PM
If it's only 10% of the base dmg then it's pretty shit, suddenly that 4p t6 don't look that tempting.

Narshe
12-14-2007, 12:20 AM
When you are telling base damage you mean what the tooltip says or tooltip+SBV before talents?
If just add what the tooltip says then is pretty pretty shit as a 4-piece tier6 bonus. C'mon is the best gear in the game and it only grants a stupid +50 damage for just one ability? I'd rather keep my 100 SBV t5 2pc bonus.

Btw, all other t6 bonuses that grants +damage to basic spells work the same way?

Dots
12-14-2007, 07:18 AM
Not sure what kind of test you ran Cairn, but the 4pc bonus is applied to the total Shield Slam damage (after SBV and talents). Always has worked like this as far as I know. The tooltip only reflects the changed base damage though.

I assume the other t6 bonuses work the same. +10 damage to Mortal Strike for 4pc t6 bonus would be a sick joke.