PDA

View Full Version : New Talent tree. Your Thoughts?

Ghnan
12-12-2007, 12:12 PM
So I was messing around with this dream talent calculator and came up with this talent tree for the Wrath of the Lich King Expansion. Tell me what you guys think of it. Which one is OP and which one is ok and which one needs work.

Let me remind you that this is just Theorycraft-ing for fun and who knows, some blue guy might see and implement it :)

link here:
Unleashed Gaming (http://www.war-tools.com/?p=vt&i=44441)

Dont forget to rate :)

Ghnan

Taelas
12-12-2007, 12:50 PM
On the whole, looks far too powerful.

Ghnan
12-13-2007, 12:33 AM
I have updated the tree again today, based on the suggestions of some people here. I have tweaked the arms and prot tree so that they would not be too overpowered. The aims of the new trees are as follows:

ARMS

It is possible for people to speec 31/40, but the benefits from the Fury tree for PVP is minimal at best except for Flurry. The design is made so that people WANT to specc deep in Arms. It is really hard to come up with a good talent tree for arms, because it seems that ARMS has everything it needs from 0-33 pts talent range for the context of PVP (which is the main use of the tree in the first place).

I have provided imp. Blood Frenzy to accomodate those who still want to raid, but even then the true power of ARMS lies in PVP. One could see that the main weakness of ARMS is in CC. There should be no problem in the DPS department in the ARMS tree as of 2.3. We didnt get weaker, other classes got stronger.

It is true that our bane are casters, whether it be Warlocks or Ice Mages. This should not change due to the fact that Blizzard wanted a rock, paper, scissors class balance, BUT we should have a slight edge against rogues and hunters. Therefore, a boost in survival rate against these classes are neccessary. It is my belief that no classes should be at an advantage when going toe-to-toe with a warrior 1v1 in melee range.

FURY

With the latest changes in FURY including the move of Deathwish to ARMS, FURY tree has been very lacking in PVP Terms (not that it had been great before). The aim of the new tree is to provide choices for people who wants to PVE or PVP as FURY. I think more choices are always good.

The main concern in FURY has been the lack of hate dumps. While other classes that were designed not to DPS has it (Priest-Fade, Shaman - Tranquil Air Totem, etc.), FURY warriors dont have this ability. I also added a group utility which is Rage Shout (Procc). This should boost ppl incentive to take FURY warriors to their raid/group.

The other problem with FURY is of course, the lack of utility especially in the CC department. I have not been able to find a way to remedy this problem nor do I intend to. Yes, we would still have problems getting 5-man and 10-man groups due to our lack of CCs, but it is my opinion that a warrior should kill.....and not make our enemies wait to be killed.

PROT TREE

The problems with the current PROT tree can be summed up to AOE threat, Overgearing, and DPS. There is also a relatively minor problem, that is our lack of utility in PVP, but you should have known that once you decided to specc PROT.

My suggested solution to these problems was to give PROT wars chance to get 1 rage each time you dodge or parry an attack and gave them a slight boost in DPS. I have also made some new talents to try to make up PROT wars lack of utility in PVP.

Well...thats all there is to it. The new tree:

Unleashed Gaming (http://www.war-tools.com/?p=vt&i=44441)

Thanks and keep those suggestions coming.

G

PS: I know I take it way too seriously for a theorycraft, but what can I say....I like it :)

Stonehoof
12-13-2007, 08:16 AM
The more I play my warrior, the more time I spend tanking and "pwning" faces with my two hander, the more I wish to have the blademaster be its own class rather then the arms tree for the warrior

Leytur
12-13-2007, 09:33 AM
I think a talent that increses healing effects on us is very cool. I really think there should be enchantments for this as well. Even elixirs.

Lavache
12-13-2007, 10:59 AM
I think a talent that increses healing effects on us is very cool. I really think there should be enchantments for this as well. Even elixirs.

you mean like blessing of light and tree aura? ;)

Ghnan
12-16-2007, 08:48 AM
Well....sadly....warriors are the closest thing we will ever get to Blademaster since Blizzard already announced that their next "prestige" class is Death Knight.

I did, however, put a talent that increased healing on us. It is a good talent to have overall.

Anyways.....feedback, guys ????

Ghnan

Wulfson
12-16-2007, 04:37 PM
Well....sadly....warriors are the closest thing we will ever get to Blademaster since Blizzard already announced that their next "prestige" class is Death Knight.

Ghnan

Ya thats kinda funny you mention that because the first character I ever made was an Orc Warrior. I made that in the beta because i was under the impression that "heroic" classes would come later in the game. However, blizz dropped that idea and pulled out these talent trees to make up for it. Guess they are sort of following up now with the "heroic class" idea with death knights. They are just doing it alot differently then i would have thought... and prefer'd..

As for the talent trees you made, i liked some of the ideas but overall, yes they are to OP'd. Especially the arms tree.