PDA

View Full Version : Arena 2v2 Warrior / Warrior - Discussion

Triumph
12-11-2007, 09:13 PM
Hi there,

I know it's not the ideal setup for a 2v2 i think, but we win quite as much as we lose (100+ games and still between 1400 and 1500 rating).

Though the matches we lose are fairly close, only 2 Paladins, 2 Shadow Priests and Warrior / Shaman duo really rape us.

I'm always working on improvement, so let's discuss tactics, to do's and what not to do's here :)

Our tactics basically come down to this:

Rogue/Rogue: Focus on one, if evasion, focus on the other one, try to get them feared etc, blow rend on both, disarm, overpower and intercept fun.

Warrior/Druid: Mostly a close call, if we gank the druid most of the times we win, but we also faced some very skilled druids which we lost against.

Mage/Lock: Annoying, but it's possible, we mostly gank the mage till he ice blocks, if fire specced, he'll die, then 1 on the lock to interrupt stuff, the other bashes the elemental till the mage comes out of ice block. Fearing the lock and elemental at that time would be ideal, but if their possition is good, it's very hard.

Warrior/Pala: We nuke the pala till he bubbles while we fear / disarm / hamstring the warrior, more often then not we can win this, but maybe because we play fairly low-rated games i don't know.

Hunters: Always kill on sight, try to fear before they can blow "The Beast Within".
Fire Mages: lawl

So to sum up, still a lot of question marks about how we handle stuff. I hope i can get some usefull information out of your replies :)

EDIT: btw, i'm thinking of a weird spec i'd might get: WorldofWarcraft.com -> Info -> Classes -> Warrior -> Talent Calculator (http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/warrior/talents.html?0500501135251002000120055000032025012 03000000000000000000000000000)

-Tri

Brickhuase
12-12-2007, 11:55 AM
double dps teams without a silence will always have a hard time against any dps class + healer higher up. I would recruit a healer and alternate between yourselves in the games. If you want to play together get a healer and go 3v3. 1400-1500 is by no means something to be proud of.

I wont go as far to say as your cant win but as soon as you make any progress you are likely to get into teams where either person you target is going to be fairly hard to kill. Especially teams that are making good use of CC. For example 1 cyclone/root spamming druid could completely steal the game from you.

The only thing i see working is using your interupts in tandem on a healer, even then you will stun immune someone rather quickly. This also wont take care of hots or instant cast spells.

Triumph
12-13-2007, 06:14 PM
Yeh you're probably right, what about that suggested spec though ?

Seth
12-14-2007, 07:22 AM
The spec is ok for a warrior in 2v2, but not really for a Warrior / Warrior team. If you both have to go MS, I'd go mace spec since there's more synergy with stuns. You should probably both have TM and maybe Last stand out of prot as well. When your team is basically dps till you die, living 30% longer with last stand is a big deal. TM will give you instant spell reflect (stance swap from berserker and have the 25 rage).

Daikyu
12-14-2007, 09:50 PM
I don't agree with the idea that Last Stand means you'll live 30% longer. The increase in lifespan could be negligible depending on how much damage or control they're bringing against you.

There's nothing weird about that spec. I believe the current line of thought is that it's a good spec to choose if the warrior is the only damage dealer on the team, which isn't really the case here.

The cookie-cutter 35/23/3 is probably going to be good for at least one of you, for Blood Frenzy (which might be worth it in this case) and fast shield reflect. Second war could be MS or dw Fury...but the more I think about this combination, the more my head hurts. It's going to be incredibly hard before very long, look for healers / shamans now imho. :P

Seth
12-17-2007, 05:57 AM
Well, that's what I'm saying. I agree warrior warrior is not going to work in arena, even sub 1600, but if you have to do it you've got to mix up the spec a little from a war/healer dps build.

Salvaticus
12-17-2007, 05:25 PM
Well, that's what I'm saying. I agree warrior warrior is not going to work in arena, even sub 1600, but if you have to do it you've got to mix up the spec a little from a war/healer dps build.

I am doing a warrior/warrior team and we are staying between 1620 and 1680, so it is definitely possible to break 1600 with a warrior/warrior team. We are both fairly new to Arenas too, so once we get some experience we should get even higher.

We are both using an Endless Rage/Last Stand build, with Deep Thunder and Mace Spec for free stuns. Having Last Stand when you don't have a healer is invaluable. While there are some team makeups that completely destroy us, it seems that we are able to beat most teams that don't have a Pally or an Ice Mage.