PDA

View Full Version : [KZ] Fury/OT

Odryn
12-11-2007, 09:40 AM
Hello, I'm a fury warrior (17/44/0), and wednesday will be the first time I'll raid as fury/ot in my new guild.

Anyways, the reason why I'm posting here is because I'm a little bit worried. My GM told me that I will have to be the OT, whilst keeping my current spec. I would have to offtank on trash in dps gear + shield and offtank bosses like attumen and moroes in tanking gear.

Is this possible or not?

I doubt that Attumen will be a big problem since midnight will be on me all the time, but how is it possible for me to be the second on the aggro list during the moroes fight? If I'm in tanking gear I don't generate a lot of rage from just hitting him, and I don't think that staying in dps gear is an option.

any advice? thanks in advance

-Odryn

hbombs
12-11-2007, 09:43 AM
you will keep your current spec. everything but Moroes is really easy to off tank. throw on your tank gear when u have to tank and throw on your dps gear when u dont.

For Moroes tell your raid leader to kill 2 of his adds first. this should give u an ok threat lead. then while the dps goes on moroes have a rogue stand inside of moroes to soak up the blinds.

if threat is an issue get mis directs. if that doesnt work kill 3 adds.

Odryn
12-11-2007, 09:51 AM
Alright, I'll do that

Thanks for the quick reply ^^

EDIT: oh and one more thing I forgot to ask, what would be the best cycle for having a lot of aggro for the moroes fight?

Kintaran
12-11-2007, 12:38 PM
Since while he's not aiming at you, you can't Revenge, focus on abilities like Thunderclap and Sunder. Since you'll be ragestarved, avoid Heroic Strike. Bloodthirst is a better place to put rage than that.

If you continue to have problems with threat, I suggest that you make the pull and tank Moroes first. Then you'll be able to revenge and stack initial sunders and have some rage to build early threat. Unless your MT is a paladin, it'll be very easy for him to pull Moroes off after a few seconds, and you'll both have a decent amount of opening threat. Even a paladin won't have too much trouble.

madocks
12-11-2007, 03:29 PM
also make some use of the tranquil air totems / paladin buffs on the rest of the raid dps - this will make your life easier.

Our OT is a pure dps build, he does a great job. If you can get your defence to 490 as moroes hurts a little when he crits :)

Odryn
12-12-2007, 03:17 PM
Just did Kara and we're at curator now. We got our hands on a feral druid when our hunter dropped out right before Moroes, so I could go pure dps (and it was a blast!). So all I had to do in the kara run was do some trash and tank Attumen when he spawned :) (damage output was astonishing too, I managed to top the meters by 6% on overall damage:p)