PDA

View Full Version : Zul'jin -- Full Movie Guide

Ciderhelm
12-10-2007, 02:14 PM

Ciderhelm
12-10-2007, 02:19 PM
Will be adding timestamps to my combat log for future movies, as well as changing the health bars back to a deeper color.

Will also re-work my UI a bit depending on whether I want to stick with the guide format.

This is the first full movie I've done since Kel'thuzad.

Kazeyonoma
12-10-2007, 03:43 PM
awesome vid, i like the chuck norris reference, if you could do these for all of the bosses you encounter I think i'd have to have your babies.

elio
12-10-2007, 05:50 PM
Sweet ass video as always Cider- did him last night and our strat was a mirror image of your video. I did wipe the melee as I couldn't see a pillar on top of us. But we got him next try.

Fun - intense fight

Dozer

Devastating
12-11-2007, 02:22 AM
I'm Dieing to know the mod you used that shows the Damage your putting out, And if you get Parry and what was parried and such thats an awesome mod even has the icons.

Please do tell

Parry(Heroic Strike)

261(Devastate)

and so on.

Thanks a ton! Awesome video man

Ciderhelm
12-11-2007, 02:23 AM
It's the most updated version of SCT, or Scrolling Combat Text. I believe it can be updated through WowAceUpdater, but also downloaded independently.

It's a fantastic improvement. The icons are great eye candy when I get bored.

Noraxe
12-11-2007, 09:01 AM
Nice vid Cider. Just a question though. Any reason for that the raid isnt stacked behind Zul'jin in phase 4(lynx) ?
We usually do that to avoid loosing dps for thoose small seconds of time.
Loved the Chuck Norris reference ^^

Oda
12-11-2007, 10:46 AM
Whee...my first appearance in film. :)

Also, I found I was able to Intercept through the tornadoes without taking damage, which saved my butt a couple times. I suspect that you could Intervene through them as well, if you were in a tight spot.

Devastating
12-11-2007, 03:51 PM
Well thanks for the help great job on the video again!! Awesome.

Gutt
12-14-2007, 09:30 AM
I have used Tankspot shamelessly for as long as I have had any skill. This video finally convinced me to join and post. Thanks Cider and everyone else who makes this place what it is.

/Gutt

Radhja
12-15-2007, 02:13 AM
Gorgeous video, Cider. All of TankSpots video sneed to be done precisely like this.

I'd like a complete list of the addons your using, also. Some I recognize, some I don't. (Are you using Pitbull for the player frames? I can't get my "Portrait" function to work... :( )

~R~

Krazyone
12-17-2007, 12:19 PM
great vid our strat is almost identical but for phase 2 im gonna have the groups do exactly what yours do with standing behind him for mass dispel. Also what video capturing/editing software are you using? I'm assuming fraps for capturing but for the quality that the video comes out i'm unsure what software your using for the editing.

Armageddn
12-28-2007, 06:31 PM
Awesome movie helped me a lot when it was our turn to take the boss
hmm a Kel'thusad movie I'd love to see that one =)

Is there a link to it somewhere or any of your previous movies? pretty please =P

PS: i Loved the music who is it?

//Arma

Ciderhelm
12-28-2007, 09:42 PM
Here's the KT movie:
http://www.theoryspot.com/forums/miscellaneous-pre-burning-crusade/13123-kel-thuzad.html

Music should be in the title screen of my movies.

Inverse
01-10-2008, 06:53 AM
Fantastic video, Cider! Even as a tank who hasn't done more than the end of ZA and Magtheridon, I was a little disappointed by the Zul'jin fight. It's far more fun than Malacrass, though, but certainly not as challenging (room for error, bad luck, etc.).

EDIT: Oh, forgot to add, any plans to add tanking movies for other fights as well? My biggest resource so far for actual tanking movies has been from a guy named Stego. If you search "How to: Moroes" or pretty much any boss from Attumen > Leotheras you'll be able to find his movies. However, they're low quality, not edited, and he put little to no care in his actual instructions.

Still... would be another fantastic resource for tanks everywhere if you're up to it, even if it was just the end-game bosses.

Cheers!

Seamus
02-11-2008, 09:09 AM
awesome vid can't wait till we get to encounter him

rustyboy
06-03-2008, 07:13 AM
Is this video still available to get.. link doesn't seem to work for me

Hadan
06-09-2008, 03:35 AM
Is this video still available to get.. link doesn't seem to work for me

The video was hosted on Stage 6, which has now shut down. You won't be able to view it unless Ciderhelm hosts it elsewhere.

Trumm
07-16-2008, 02:39 AM
Can't you up it once more Ciderhelm? I'd love to see it as well