PDA

View Full Version : A lil' Confused...

gorrash
12-10-2007, 06:19 AM
Hello,

First I want to say that this site is, without a doubt, the best resource I have ever seen for any wow class. Only thing that comes close is RogueSpot.

I recently hit 58 and this is my current spec (http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/warrior/talents.html?3502002035201052002120000000000000000 00000002355511030000100000000). I have read through the various guides here and I have built, or started to build, a Defensive set and an EH set. My question is what would be best? Should I tank using the Def set? The EH set? Should I merge the sets? I understand that things will change as I lvl and my tanking gear will improve. However for now, What would be best for tanking Coilfang and Hellfire Citadel until I progress further?

Thanks!

Meeks
12-10-2007, 07:00 AM
As you are leveling just get the best overall piece of gear for each slot. Do not worry about sets until 70. IN fact a lot of the itme your best piece might be dps gear. Just take what you can get.

gorrash
12-11-2007, 06:12 AM
Thanks for the input Meeks!

Lollo
12-11-2007, 07:56 AM
In fact, go for any piece that improves your equipment at any level!

I never cared to have different sets of gear for different bosses apart from resistance gear - if you have the choice between two items most of the time you can definitely tell which piece is superior.

I keep the part that I replace for a while but discard them after some time. It turned out that it was never necessary for me to revert to any piece I have worn before in order to boost a particular stat.

Hoping that helps you a bit :)

gorrash
12-12-2007, 05:34 AM
I do the same for my DPS, or leveling, set. I use an addon called RatingBuster. Pretty slick, it shows you in the tooltip which item is best when comparing two. I also use Tank Points with EH.

My leveling set is the best gear I have been able to buy/quest for. I was just buying up def. gear on the AH when I spotted it. After I gathered a full def. set I made a EH set as well. I will just use my best armor for now and worry about the sets when I start raiding. My guild is farming Kara with 3 groups and eye-ballin' Mag. I offered to shelf my 70 Rogue to roll a Warrior to fill a tank void my guild has atm. I have grown to really enjoy the Warrior class. Tanking is just so fun. I dare say I have a new main :)

Enough with the rambling...thanks a bunch for the input!

-Gorrash