PDA

View Full Version : What are the easiest tanking shoulders to get?

Target2
12-07-2007, 02:35 PM
What are the easiest pre kara tanking shoulders to get other then Warchief's Mantle - Items - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=29316)?

Thist
12-07-2007, 02:35 PM
Merciless Gladiators - thats what I had for a while because nothing else would drop.

Wartorn
12-07-2007, 03:10 PM
Nexus-Guard's Pauldrons is the easiest to get.

Kailos8P
12-07-2007, 03:39 PM
Gladiator's shoulders are the easiest to get for ages.. just 11k honour. Do it up

Target2
12-07-2007, 03:51 PM
Yeah I know gladiator shoulders are easy. But I want tanking ones. Thank you, Wartorn.

thugthedum
12-07-2007, 03:52 PM
The Setthek Halls heroic ones, Spaulders of Dementia. IMO.

Arrivan
12-07-2007, 04:10 PM
Shoulderguards of the Bold

Of course, they can also be the hardest along with the heroic Sethekk ones if the RNG hates you. Also, gladiator shoulders can be used in a pinch as tanking shoulders, they have a good amount of stamina and armour, and the resilience lowers the amount of defence you need to reach the crit cap.

veneretio
12-07-2007, 04:11 PM
1. S1 Gladiator Shoulders - bgs
2. S2 Gladiator Shoulders - arena

Both great options, by choice in your position would be #1 since a hard push could see you wearing those in a couple days or less.

Wartorn
12-07-2007, 04:57 PM
Yeah I know gladiator shoulders are easy. But I want tanking ones. Thank you, Wartorn.

If you do have the honor Gladiator's is better, but I figured you were looking for PvE options.

Saeval
12-07-2007, 05:36 PM
Gladiator's Plate Shoulders are probably the best option, by a wide margin. Buckle down, and spend a weekend in AV to farm it and the shield.

steadymobn
12-07-2007, 06:09 PM
above poster is correct, s1 shoulders would be easiest, get the honor in 1 weekend....

but if you do want tanking shoulders

i was max exalted LC never seen bold drop

2nd heroic crypts and i got fanblade off first boss....

with the addition of the shoulders from heroic sethekk, heck,, i'd prolly just farm that joint...

dude
12-07-2007, 07:30 PM

Merciless Glads are what I have tanked in...and still do...

Taelas
12-07-2007, 09:08 PM
Shoulderguards of the Bold are not difficult to get. I got them on my first ever run to Shadow Labyrinth -- at level 68.

Arrivan
12-07-2007, 09:58 PM
i was max exalted LC never seen bold drop

Shoulderguards of the Bold are not difficult to get. I got them on my first ever run to Shadow Labyrinth -- at level 68.

These quotes prove what I posted: that the Bold shoulders can be the easiest or the hardest shoulders to get depending on what the RNG spits out. I personally got mine on my first Murmur kill, but I've heard the horror stories of people being max exalted with the Lower City and still not having them.

Lavache
12-08-2007, 07:58 AM
These quotes prove what I posted: that the Bold shoulders can be the easiest or the hardest shoulders to get depending on what the RNG spits out. I personally got mine on my first Murmur kill, but I've heard the horror stories of people being max exalted with the Lower City and still not having them.

thats me. ive been maxed with LC for several months and have never seen them drop as a warrior. ive only seen them once when i was on my hunter. go for the nexus guard shoulders until you can get something bigger.

Nicki
12-08-2007, 09:42 AM
I never saw Righteous shoulders or bold until after T4 and passing on T5 shoulders (i dont like them)

Brucimus
12-08-2007, 03:55 PM
Warchief's Mantle if you can do a quest in a lev 66instance ...they are yours

thugthedum
12-08-2007, 04:54 PM
actually, yeah. this is everyone's first tanking shoulder imo.

Radhja
12-08-2007, 08:44 PM
Easiest to get: Warchief's Mantle (Quest reward)
Easiest in 5-mans: ...good question. :)
Best in 5-mans: Shoulderguards of the Bold
Easiest in Heroics: Fanblade Pauldrons
Best in Heroics: Spaulders of Dementia

also worth noting...

Easiest in 25-mans: Warbringer Shoulderguards (T4 Token)
With a decent group and a little luck on the pull, this is, by far, the easiest Epic I've seen drop. Things CAN (and often do) go awry with inexperienced groups in the HKM fight, but once you find your niche in this battle, it's quite easy. (Still waiting for my turn on the token drop tho... :( )

Edit: Fix0r3d

Lavache
12-08-2007, 10:57 PM
Easiest in 5-mans: Fanblade Pauldrons
[/item]

those only drop in heroic.

Razmo
12-09-2007, 11:54 PM
Merciless Gladiators - thats what I had for a while because nothing else would drop.

I agree I have them aswell. But i'm using the netherspite shoulders more. Merc is nice cuz of then high stamina and armor :D and easy to get even with a shitty rating.

Taelas
12-10-2007, 03:10 AM
I wouldn't say Fanblade Pauldrons are easier to get than Spaulders of Dementia. I also wouldn't say Spaulders of Dementia are better than Fanblade. :p They have more base stats, yes, but no sockets -- and Fanblade has both Parry rating and Defense rating.

veneretio
12-10-2007, 07:08 AM
At the moment, I still use the Gladiator Season 2 Shield. I also use the Season 3 Gladiator Chestpiece. Just because an item doesn't have avoidance or defense doesn't mean you should ignore the massive amounts of Armor and Stamina on the piece not to mention the Resilience is going to maintain your uncrittable status.

Marrick
12-10-2007, 12:51 PM
Shoulderguards of the Bold

Of course, they can also be the hardest along with the heroic Sethekk ones if the RNG hates you. Also, gladiator shoulders can be used in a pinch as tanking shoulders, they have a good amount of stamina and armour, and the resilience lowers the amount of defence you need to reach the crit cap.

My eye just started to twitch...

Stegho
12-11-2007, 03:58 AM
I wouldn't say Fanblade Pauldrons are easier to get than Spaulders of Dementia. I also wouldn't say Spaulders of Dementia are better than Fanblade. :p They have more base stats, yes, but no sockets -- and Fanblade has both Parry rating and Defense rating.

QFT.

Fanblade are the best tanking shoulders pre-T4. No question.

Andromedea
12-11-2007, 04:08 AM
Kind of off topic but I use Mantle of Abrahmis, getting people together to do HKM/Gruul with your favourite alt in an SSC/TK raiding guild sucks when all free days are taken up with the latter dungeons.

But yeah imo Warchief's Mantle are the easiest decent tanking shoulders to get pre-Kara. I used them myself till fairly recently.