PDA

View Full Version : Vengeful Gladiator's Plate Chestpiece

Nuberino
12-07-2007, 10:14 AM
So I am really tired of my Vindicator's Hauberk and I was thinking to myself, "Self, why am I not doing arena each week and getting the Vengeful Gladiator's Plate Chestpiece?"

So I am going to wellfare a purple BP -- which tank BP in progression would you choose over it? It has such a high Effective Health even though it lacks some of the basic avoidance and defense stats.

My guild is going to make its first attempt on Mags this week to guage where we are at so a Warbringer Chestguard might be possible sooner than later. We are working on ZA but progress is slow and I don't see Zuljin dropping a Chestguard of the Warlord any time soon.

Would you take the tier 4 bp over it? I assume if I get the tier 4 bp my desire for the pvp bp will be lessened, but I still think it is a better bp.

What are your thoughts?

bludwork
12-07-2007, 11:50 AM
In terms of stam and armor the S3 chest is superior in every way

psychostomp
12-08-2007, 02:47 PM
honestly from an EH point of view its hard to beat S3 chest until T5 even then u may wish to keep it for a pure threat piece hit armor pen crit and AP make this one of the best chest slot items around.

thugthedum
12-08-2007, 03:10 PM
call me crazy, but since it's health and armor are already so stellar, I'd gem it def and dodge. Mostly dodge, but if I had any nice combo rocks from heroics I'd use those.

I'm in the Bulwark of Kings and I've gemmed it 3x solid star... but I have to keep the Vindicator's Hauberk in bag. We don't kill Nightbane enough for Panzar'Thar Breastplate.

Brucimus
12-08-2007, 03:18 PM
I upgraded from Vindicator's Hauberk to the S2 Chest Merciless Gladiator's Plate Chestpiece a few months ago and it has served me very well. My only complaint is that i have the S2 Shield also Merciless Gladiator's Shield Wall and with the new ZA/Badge items lack of defense i'm having to scramble for more defense to stay at 490

psychostomp
12-08-2007, 03:19 PM
i would as well thug if i was in a primarily tanking role I am currently fury so use it in my dps set as well as my EH set.

psychostomp
12-08-2007, 03:21 PM
Bruc you dont need 490 def if your def + resil = 6 or more chance to not be crit the extra avoidance is nice but isnt a must.