PDA

View Full Version : Share your Arena tricks

DaddyGamer
12-07-2007, 02:18 AM
Hello.

I just wondered if anyone is keen on sharing their tricks in arena. I read (in the arena guide) about this trick to lock up a pallys heals: charge, run out, intercept, pummel, fear, pummel, run out, intercept. That makes em bubble..
Have started to use it and it works fine.

Any other like tips I would like to know about. Got any 'static' situation tips like how to part a hunter w his pet or such I would apreciate it.

One I could contribute with is the little one on how to kill a single pally (with not too much experience). It's simply to charge in, Keep up MS and hamstring. Pummle any heals and use trink on first stun. When he bubbles - keep on hitting. Rattles many less experienced pallys. (u can use FA if low on hp, but inexperienced pallys will mostly not break bubble to interrupt it, if thats the plan) And then be ready to reapply MS and Hamstring. Be sure to use MS on every cd since it will keep him more MS'ed druing the bubble. An be sure to keep TC up too to increase cast time.

Signu
12-07-2007, 07:46 AM
An be sure to keep TC up too to increase cast time.

AFAIK, TC applies a melee slowing effect that does not affect cast times.

A neat trick is to target a pet when you fear, that way the players get the full length fear instead of it breaking on damage.

Since I'm prot, I also have the added tool of Concussion Blow. Intercept followed by Conc Blow (followed by War Stop for taurens) is 8 seconds of stun, followed by a fear and you have 16 seconds of "CC"... assuming they don't trinket.

skel1977
12-07-2007, 07:57 AM
To the orginal poster. Why would you be on the pally? You should put a lock on pallys instead. Curse of tongues, deathcoil or fear to prevent pally from healing as well as felhunter owns pallys. If you dont have a pally, druid cyclone at the right time or mage sheep and then resheep after trinket +counterspell.

Just my opinion of course but warriors job is not to shut down healers. Its to keep MS up on focus target and to intervene back to your healer+hamstring+disarm rogues warriors etc as well as keep everyone slowed.

Also with the armor penetration on warrior gear now its much better to stick to lower armored targets. If you can get a few sunders in it makes it even better.

Sheepshead
12-07-2007, 11:59 AM
A neat trick is to target a pet when you fear, that way the players get the full length fear instead of it breaking on damage.

Aye! Good call there.

Wulfson
12-09-2007, 11:16 AM
Nice trick on hunters i read somewhere and have actually used successfully a few times is to challenging shout their pet onto you before you run over their frost trap so the taunted pet will keep attacking you even when your trapped and break it for you. Also, taunting a pet is nice sometimes just to pull it away from your healer and hamstring it further away. (finally a use for taunt!)

Ukyo
12-09-2007, 06:39 PM
Nice trick on hunters i read somewhere and have actually used successfully a few times is to challenging shout their pet onto you before you run over their frost trap so the taunted pet will keep attacking you even when your trapped and break it for you. Also, taunting a pet is nice sometimes just to pull it away from your healer and hamstring it further away. (finally a use for taunt!)

i had a macro to use taunt instead of challenging shout, let me see if i can find it. And if i remember correctly, works on felhunters too

Cairn
12-09-2007, 06:54 PM
I taunt too the hunter's pet and it's work fine.

Fwip
12-09-2007, 07:42 PM
An be sure to keep TC up too to increase cast time.
Doesn't Thunder Clap just increase the time between melee attacks?

Brickhuase
12-12-2007, 01:14 PM
One I could contribute with is the little one on how to kill a single pally (with not too much experience). It's simply to charge in, Keep up MS and hamstring. Pummel any heals and use trink on first stun.

charge, run out, intercept, pummel, fear, pummel, run out, intercept. Is the right approach.

When he bubbles - keep on hitting. Rattles many less experienced pallys. (u can use FA if low on hp, but inexperienced pallys will mostly not break bubble to interrupt it, if thats the plan) And then be ready to reapply MS and Hamstring.

NO, the pally has enough time to cast tonnes of heals in that bubble, your better off taking his target down a few notches, with any luck you can Line of sight his partner while hes healing himself. If you keep swinging your partner is just going to get DPS'd the entire time while you stand there like a fool. Any melee you can disarm any caster you can interupt, if any pets are present you can kill them in this time as well (though you should be killing thisrelatively early.) your healer will thank you for giving him a some breathing room while you have nothing to do. You can back to the pally when he has forberance.

Be sure to use MS on every cd since it will keep him more MS'ed during the bubble. An be sure to keep TC up too to increase cast time.

You cannot MS an immune target that is the nature of immune. TC does not increase cast time.

DaddyGamer
12-17-2007, 07:31 AM
Well. Now I know that TC is a waste on casters. :o That will save me some rage at least...

About the rattling a pally thing is that it is good when having my feral dps druid eating the other target and getting the pally to worried about himself to heal his friend. Dont work on good players as I said - but quite ok on a inexperienced one.

The ability to spellreflect an ice trap is one thing I heard about but not used.

Any nice ide on how to get out of a rogue stunlock? I usually just try to jump and spin as much as possible to get into a position to move out of it. Hitting retaliation will make em stop hittin too. But it is hard to time something into that miniscule window of time between stuns. Wich key do you prefer?

Irghen
12-17-2007, 08:11 AM
Any nice ide on how to get out of a rogue stunlock?What I do is mash Warstomp or Int. Shout; whatever is not on CD, then, as soon as I'm free Rend -> HS -> Disarm -> Devastate, and maybe add TC and Demo if I have the rage. I only trink out of a stun lock if I have more people hitting me.

psychostomp
12-18-2007, 06:26 AM
and retal is not an option in arenas as it has a longer CD than 15 minutes

Daikyu
12-18-2007, 07:29 AM
Any nice ide on how to get out of a rogue stunlock? I usually just try to jump and spin as much as possible to get into a position to move out of it.

Rogue stuns do not rely on the target to be positioned in a certain way, so spinning doesn't help avoid them, beyond making it difficult for an unskilled rogue to remain close enough to you to use the stuns.

As for getting out of a rogue stun, there aren't too many options. Being in berserker stance helps a bit. Many rogues will throw in a gouge to attempt to truly lock you out of doing anything useful; gouge can be broken with berserker rage. Other than that, the only way of actually breaking the chain of stuns is to use an Insignia or Medallion of the Alliance.

While my experience with breaking stuns has been somewhat limited as of late (rogues are starting to wisen up to the fact that warriors tend not to be able to hit them while evasion is up, and often end up ignoring warriors altogether), I think timing of Insignia use is important, and you should aim to dispel the kidney shot. Rogues begin the lock with cheap shot, which is a four second stun. Breaking the first stun shown to you will make you vulnerable to 5 point kidney shot -> vanish -> cheap shot, which is really going to keep your face in your hands for a long time. Since kidney shot is on a 20 second cooldown, if it's broken, the worse you can be shown is a vanish -> cheap shot, after which you'll have 15+ seconds to act before being hit with another potentially 6-second long stun.

The above assumes you didn't get unlucky and walk into a mace-stun proc. At that point you just cry and post on the forums about how OP orcs are.