PDA

View Full Version : Which weapons to DW?

Beertap
12-06-2007, 04:49 PM
To start things off, I'll ask as to which of the 3 weapons should I Dual Wield when being Prot doing DPS and also DW Fury DPS. I'd also appreciate what enchants to put on each of the weapons I'll use. I have all weapon enchants available.

The Decapitator
Fury
Akil'zon's Talonblade

The main reason I ask is because I've been using Decapitator (+20 Str) MH and Fury (+20 Str & +4Crit/+4Str) OH. I got the sword last night, and even though I know DW benefits a lot from WW with 2 slow weapons, I do not know if the extra DPS/AP/Haste from the sword would make it better.

thugthedum
12-06-2007, 04:52 PM
Not sure that's true. Pretty sure whirlwind is normalized, so two 95 dps weapons should whirlwind almost identically, assuming they are not daggers or two handers, and that the stats in question are the same.

Now, I have read that haste prefers larger weapons.

Andromedea
12-06-2007, 06:56 PM
I'm presently using 2 2.6 speed weapons to DPS as prot.

It depends on your preferred stance while DPSing as prot in raids. If you're going the Zerker stance Devastate/WW/HS spam route, I think 2 slow weaps are better. If you're not using WW and instead doing the Battle stance Devastate/HS/Overpower thing, the fast OH might make more sense.

Most of the pple I know use dual Mongoose on their weapons, but with the new Executioner enchant use one Executioner and one Mongoose (I think it makes very little diff which weap you put them on). Dual Executioner doesn't stack I believe.

Can't comment very much on Fury DW DPS, I think the same reasoning might apply esp if you have Imp WW.

Cairn
12-06-2007, 07:14 PM
OffHand don't use a proc enchant !!! (except with fast weapon ( rogue dague ) )
+20 strengh in OH and a Mangoose/Executioner in MH .

Mangoose/Executioner depend of ur gear , if u have enough crit , don't take Mangoose and of course if u don't have enough crit use Mangoose .

Ur gear weapon depend of the speed and ur dps cycle but if u play in Fury , take slower weapon.