PDA

View Full Version : Next Badge Piece?

Brucimus
12-06-2007, 09:22 AM
my Armory The World of Warcraft Armory (http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kirin+Tor&n=Brucimus)

I have been mixing and matching Kara Epics/Heroic Blues and Arena 2 gear to come up with a pretty decent tanking set.

My question to you all is... what should be my next upgrade?

Bonefist Gauntlets? I have Iron Gauntlets of the Maiden which i absolutely love

Unwavering Legguards? I have the Wrynn Dynasty Greaves which again are a pretty awesome piece

Slikk's Cloak of Placation? vs Devilshark Cape

or should i go for something i havent mentioned?

what do you guys think would be my best upgrade?

Shortypop
12-06-2007, 09:26 AM
Just to add confusion - the belt's pretty good. My gear is similar to yours I went for the legs and now saving for the belt - I think :) Ask me again in a day and I'll probably have changed my mind.

loquatious
12-06-2007, 10:49 AM
Badge Bracers have expertise - I bought them first

I've upgrade / will upgrade - some pieces will be part of Avoidance set
Warbringer Greaves ->Unwavering Legguards
Vambraces of courage -> Bracers of the Ancient Phalanx
Guilded Thorium Cloak -> Slikk's Cloak of Placation
Crimson Girdle of the Indomitable-> Iron-tusk Girdle

I also would love the Neckpiece for Aggro set
Brooch of Deftness

Kazeyonoma
12-06-2007, 11:10 AM
yep

i went will be going:
timewarden's leggings -> unwavering (got em!)
maiden's neck -> brooch of deftness (this week after kara!)
vambraces of courage -> bracers of ancient phalanx (woot more expertise!)
gilded thorium cloak -> slikk's (dodge, and eh? why not?)

then eventually i'll probably grab the belt and gloves. but not yet.

Tankked
12-06-2007, 12:03 PM
I upgraded the following (in order):
Vambraces of Courage > Bracers of the Ancient Phalanx
Devilshark Cape > Slikk's Cloak of Placation
Wrynn Dynasty Greaves > Unwavering Legguards

My next upgrades will be:
Barbed Choker of Discipline > Brooch of Deftness
and then I'll probably do the belt upgrade from the Moroes belt.

I'm in a unique situation being the MT for a 10 man raiding guild, so I need to focus on what items I will get upgrades from ZA and badges, but I don't have any intention of doing 25 man content.

Andromedea
12-06-2007, 05:47 PM
I went for the legs first because those are seriously incredible, better than T5 pants stats wise. I also wanted to buy the most expensive stuff first (75BoJ) and save the cheaper stuff for later. So next upgrade for me is the pally chest. :)

Brucimus
12-08-2007, 03:59 PM
I'm getting the belt...thanks for all the good info

thugthedum
12-08-2007, 06:29 PM
Not sure i love the legs over wrynn. As my chest is the Bulwark of Kings I'm a little low on avoidance to be giving up 29 dodge and 7 defense. Though I am salivating over the BV, armor and health.

Well, at 73 stamina, I suppose I could put an avoidance gem or two in there.

Bradius
12-18-2007, 07:49 AM
this is my first post, i'm in a bit of confusion of what to do... i have about 82 badges of justice in the bank.
i have basically all the major Kara tanking drops except for T4 and netherspite shoulders and nightbane shield and chest. we've got kara on farm, only have difficulty with nightbane (should go better in future thanks to this site) also raiding grull everyweek,were close to getting grull down and we are clearing 1st boss often now. Do I spend my badges on nethers so that I can make Bulwark of the kings, or spend it on chestguard of the stoic defender, or instead spend them on other kit. Or do i just save em

Note..I am off tank in 25 man raids and often MT in Kara

Brucimus
12-18-2007, 08:54 AM
Dont spend your badges on Nethers....they drop often enough. Get the Badge Bracers and Belt. Both are huge upgrades over kara loot

Mordigen
12-18-2007, 10:20 AM
I got the cloak right off the bat over devilshark, then went with the legs next over wyrnn, I think I am going with the belt after that over crimson girdle, or instead of belt with the neck over barbed chocker and bracers over vambraces of courage. I am keeping my maiden gauntlets for now due to the defence and block value, but the hit rating and extra stam would be nice. Maybe in the future. I have the shoulders from netherspite and chest from nightbane, but I would like the arena shield if I could ever get enough arena in for that. I hope to make my other upgrades from ZA and I have just started doing the 25 mans so hopefully I can get the tier 4 shoulders for now and maybe Gruul's shield.