PDA

View Full Version : How to kill a drain tanking team?

DaddyGamer
12-06-2007, 02:05 AM
Heya
Last night in arena me and my druid buddy cam up against the feared lock/pally combo specced on drain tanking. Lock dotting and draining, pally healing and bubble.

We lost. It took a little while, but we sure lost the fight.

So I wonder - what do you think is the best tactic to use against a team set on drain tanking?

(If u have a tip on lock/shad priest I would like to hear too. Them fights are all just runnin, screamin and dying on our part :eek:)

skel1977
12-06-2007, 04:43 AM
You might want to post your class makeup :P

I could tell you to have your disc/holy priest to use offensive dispel but I dont know that you have one :P

Seth
12-06-2007, 08:52 AM
Lock/Pally:

Kill felhunter. Have your druid kite the felhunter out of LoS and kill it. Repeat. With no felhunter, kill the lock. Your druid should be able to keep you up and go and drink at will. This matchup is by far in your favor.

Lock/SP:

Kill the felhunter, keepin out of LoS. Then kill the SP.

Kazaganthi
12-06-2007, 10:34 AM
I agree, kill his pet. Fully sunder the lock. Pummel any fears or mana drains. Once you do this the pali will have to bubble or blow bop. Your druid can drink b/c there is no pet on him and not too much damage on you. Once the pali has blown his bubble, try to position yourself so you can fear him and the lock at once(this can also be used if you get the lock low pre bubble to force him to bubble or for a clutch kill if he doesn't.) A far scarier combo is lock/druid. I'm still working on the answer for lock/druid..:(

SP/Lock is hard. Try this. Cyclone the sp. Kill the lock. You will need to do as much damage as possible to the lock This should force the sp to heal. If you get the fast kill on the lock you are good to go....if you don't you are screwed..:)

Kaz

Ukyo
12-06-2007, 10:53 AM
You might wanna keep an eye for the Fel Domination, you might need to kill the felhunter twice :P

Lock/SP... what can i say, that's pretty much lost unless they suck :P

Nez
12-06-2007, 11:36 AM
The one thing they have against them with that combo, is that they have nada for burst damage. Long fights will favor them. If you can kill the pet easily, that is good. It weakens the lock, if he has fel-domination ( as mentioned earlier ) he can instant summon another, just kill it too. lol Dont forget that to drain, the lock needs LOS or to cast his shadowbolts, so los him as much as possible. I arena with this combo on my alt lock with a friends alt Shadowpriest and the teams that beat us usually just pick one of us and smash us. If its an arena where you can use LOS. Taking out the shadowpreist is usually the easiest, his HP is much lower than the locks. It might be a good idea to take a look at their gear and just nuke the weakest geared one asap. The key being to pick one, and kill him fast, then the other alone is easy.
:cool:

DaddyGamer
12-07-2007, 12:55 AM
Thnx a lot. :)

Killing the felhunter is a good tip. I mostly try ignore pets otherwise and kill the players instead (unless a pet follows me out of LoS ofc). I will try that.

But I just wonder. In a drain tanking team - aint the lock so heavy into affliction not being able to resummon the pet w fel domination?

Just to add to the grief we met a dual BM hunter team last night wich hung out in start area with the NE hunter in shadowmeld and dwarf as visilble. We went in and got wipped. Hunters very not to bad before due to the need for range. Now when they can unload all they got in melee too, plus Influence of the beast (I think its called) wich negates fears they are lots harder...

Seth
12-07-2007, 07:03 AM
The lock will be SL/SL (21-27 aff) in that combo (lock/pally) almost every time. You can always target the pet pre-game to check if it has soul link buff. Also if the lock has demonic knowledge buff it's a dead giveaway. If you ever see an unstable affliction go up in that combo you know he doesn't have soul link, just insta-gib the lock.

SPriest/lock, the lock is probably unstable affliction (41 pt), but I imagine either would be fairly strong.