PDA

View Full Version : MT Spec for Kara

Lilie
12-05-2007, 08:18 AM
Hey guys...wanted to get your opinion on my talent spec. My guild is getting ready to start Kara runs and I just want to make sure I'm solid and as useful as possible. I'm assuming I could loose imp HS and throw one point to Imp Demo to get the max for raid bosses. Any other ideas? My sig is clickable for armory...

klor
12-05-2007, 08:23 AM
Looks solid to me. THough I would almost recommend taking 2 out of imp hs and putting them into imp taunt. Its useful in kara and those 2 seconds make a world of difference....imp shield wall is also nice if you feel you are going to be using it alot...I know when i first started kara (though I was undergeared) i had to pop shield wall quite often.... and 5 seconds of 75% less damage is a LONG time.

Taelas
12-05-2007, 08:31 AM
Losing Improved Heroic Strike would cause you to lose Anger Management.

I wouldn't put points in Improved Demoralizing Shout at all -- I'm already spread thin on talent points.

Kream
12-05-2007, 10:22 AM
Your build looks solid. I'd personally drop Imp HS/Anger Management and put 1 more point into Imp Demo Shout and 2 into Improved Shield Wall. Rage won't be a problem for you in Kara, surviving will.

Your hps are a little low. 12k hps/armor are recommended for starting Kara, I think some enchants would get you there.

Hristo
12-05-2007, 01:07 PM
Currently, I'm: The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nazjatar&n=Hristo)

I plan to respec to: Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?talent=LV0cZVZbEtoIMdcxst) in the near future, however, as I made a couple of decisions I'd like to revise.

In any event, my question is more or less the same. I plan to try for bold shoulders, timewarden's leggings, and devilshark or burnoose before starting in Kara but I don't see myself having enough Sha'tar rep before then to upgrade my shield.

How does it look for starting Kara? Should I swap out my +hit charm with my goblin rocket launcher for 45 more stamina? Any other "must have" items?

I've read all the guides and theorycraft and I think I already know the answers, but since this thread exists I figured I'd ask because direct validation/confirmation from people who have actual experience is never a bad thing.

Taelas
12-05-2007, 01:22 PM
Yes, swap them. You don't have the gear to spend itempoints on +hit yet. :)

The rest of your gear is okay (your goggles especially, WTB Eng 350+).

nethervoid
12-05-2007, 01:44 PM
Lilie I like your spec. If you took that point in imp demo and put it in imp HS we would have the same spec. lol

IMO imp HS is insane because extra HS can really bump up your TPS (personally I have dev and HS bound), and you'll need more rage on the trash. Secondly, I would not recommend imp taunt because a lot of Kara is taunt immune. You shouldn't be using taunt in Kara much. If you are, there's a problem somewhere. Lastly, two points in imp shield wall is only useful 5 seconds out of every 30 minutes. I would say it's not useful. Incrementally adding 5 seconds of 75% DR to an already chock full plethora of oh crap buttons doesn't seem to make a lot of sense to me (shield wall, last stand, mana pot, health stone, nightmare seed, trinkets). If the timer was 10 minutes on shield wall (like last stand) maybe then it would be worth it.

IMO you're gtg, although I would definitely get fully enchanted and gemmed with +12 stam gems.

Lilie
12-06-2007, 12:58 PM
So its a definite to go for the +12 stams already? I was thinking I would wait for my kara gear for that after religiously following Polar's guide. I thought it would save me some money, but if its a bad idea I'm all for switching them out. I'm definitely working on the enchants. I just got to get my boots and helm done then I think i'll have it. Also, I'm planning to get upgrades for the necklace and the belt per Polar's guide. Still putting them together :).

dude
12-06-2007, 02:04 PM
Kind of hard to make a real point on that from armory as you logged out in odd-trinkets. (BTW the carrot and the Crop do NOT Stack).

I will say what I did in regards to +12 stam gems. I waited until epic pieces that I wouldn't replace too soon.

Just off hand on what I see:

1) wru 490 Defense. Unless those trinkets are the "cookie cuter blue defenses" you will be ouchy hurty in Kara bosses.

2) Enchant your shoulders. Aldor/Scryer. Go.

3) Gyrobalanced Gun of Stamgoodness. Go.

4) Enchant your boots. Go.

5) WRU Blue-Quest belt?

6) Same for Blue Neck

You have some VERY EASY upgrades to get in quest lines. Go get them.
Personally i'd hit stam gems in those instead of the mix-n-match.
I would not go +12 with your gear unless you really have the money.

I cannot see your "helm" right now due to server lag. IF there isn't an enchant on it...put one on.

Edit: For your Talent specs. I WOULD keep Shield Wall talents. Some may say the seconds aren't much, but if you are learning content, it really does help. That's a life time during places and phases your healers are not able to get to you. Even messing around in Kara you better believe I'm grateful for the extra time when I hear "Infernals right on us". Gives the raid longer to get back into a position. Plus useful on other fights...

Lilie
12-07-2007, 11:49 AM
oh lol...I had been told that the crop and carrot stacked. Have I been hoodwinked?!

Got my mats going for the gyro fun-gun. Definately working on the enchants. Thanks for all the tips gang! I appreciate it greatly. I'll have to feel out the sheild wall talent. Sounds like it could be a good choice for a noob like myself in Karazhan :). I like to think because I read everything on this site that I'm some kind of tank-genius, however, nothing covers over inexperience.

thanks again!

Nilya
12-08-2007, 05:24 PM
Your spec is nearly identical to mine. I'd actually suggest dropping the one point in Improved Demo Shout and finishing Imp Heroic. The spec has served me well in all of the content I've done with it.

Karsa Orlong
12-08-2007, 09:59 PM
Really have no idea why people think angermanagement is good for tanking. Its terrible.

Your better off with a cookie cutter 8/5/48 spec or since your tanking kara go crazy and get piercing howl with 5/11/45.

Rawr
12-31-2007, 10:02 PM
Anger management - IMO useless, you always have enough rage to tank in kara ^^
Imp bloodrage - completely useless, see previous sentence.
imp taunt - if you feel unsure about holding aggro its ok : / tho you could spend that 1 point somewhere else
Imp defensive stance (you dont have that one) - 6% reduced spell dmg can save ALOT mana for your healers tbh...

And for your gear... bit too low hp : / and you NEED 490 def or you gonna get whacked by kz bosses. Change all +9 stam gems for +12 stam gems, dodge > armor on back,ding ding get a no life and farm exalted with sha' tar for shield :D

Cheers, we are playing on same realm ^^ Ptaszyn, horde warrior

Taelas
01-01-2008, 06:04 AM
Really have no idea why people think angermanagement is good for tanking. Its terrible.
That's cute. You're wrong. Anger Management is free rage, 20 rage over the course of every minute spent fighting. Improved Bloodrage, which is two points, is 6 rage every minute. And you don't have to do anything for it (except make sure your rage is not at 100).

Just for another fun exercise, let's assume you Devastate twice in any six-second period. That's 20 times in a minute. That means that every single point spent towards making Devastate cheaper saves you 20 rage over the course of a minute -- the same as Anger Management gives. And this is assuming you Devastate every single cooldown you're not already using for Shield Slam and Revenge. If you can't manage this, Anger Management is better than any other single point spent towards making Devastate cheaper.

Lilie
01-03-2008, 12:00 PM
Thanks Norrath, lol. I was thinking that the previous post didn't make much sense; yours just confirmed it for me.

Dunmail
01-04-2008, 05:14 AM
Having recently started KZ I found a decent/cheap shield (bar gems) was the rep one from Ogrilla, stuffed with 2x12 stam gems & stam enchant. Dailys paid for the shards/gems and the main shard isn't too difficult to snaffle. You don't even have to have a hernia doing all the ogrilla quests for the rep, other than the prequels, as the bombing run/rays only take a few minutes and keep rep handily ticking along. I'm probably biased as the eminations quest frankly gets on my t!ts and I couldn't be bothered thumping 15 demons.

It worked nicely until I had the badges from KZ & a few dailys to get the sexy rep one, and I've regemmed it since with Str gems as a DPS board (cue haha)

gilthanus
01-28-2008, 07:08 AM
I recently respecced to 8/7/46, so I could have the 2 in Imp Demo Shout since the guild I used to run with didn't have another warrior. Anger Management to me is a total joke, when you have a full rage bar 5 sec into a boss fight, wtf is 1 rage every 3 seconds? Imp Bloodrage is a godsend though. Shield Slam on pull??? {Yes, Please.} Imp Def Stance is a joke in kara. Now when I progress into SSC/TK, i will be moving points over to try it again, because from what I've read here and elsewhere, it helps in those 2 zones and we will have a DPS warrior who can use imp demo shout.

But its just like any class, you spec for the way you play/tank, and that works best for the people you run with. Kara is great for learning raids and being MT on some heavy hitting bosses if you've never raided before. I always ran a dps class, but rolled a prot warrior and never looked back. DPS? Leave that one to people who like to watch dmg meters. I like making sure they can go full out so we can move on to new bosses and new loot. :cool:

Tank
01-29-2008, 07:02 AM
I just wanna support Nilya, Norrath and Lilie point of view.

My Talents are 12/6/43

Improved Bloodrage = Shield Slam on Pull = immediate threat Gen

Anger Management is good only if u are a heroic strike Tank.
Guess what, heroic strike is not CD dependent, that is really important and you will find it particularly useful.
If you always have full rage, that could be an either be an indication that you have not make good use of your several warrior attack abilities like heroic strike/shield slam or you kept being hit hard by the boss.

Shield Wall or not is up to you, I personally like shield wall, it save my life several times especially when I have run out of cd on trinket, last stance and pots.

Sunder Armor, I seldom use them since 2.3patch mainly because devastate gen more threat. If you are main tanking, most of the off tank would keep sunder armor up. Since you can shield slam on pull, sunder armor is no biggy.

The reason why I have 1more pts in demo shout is because I m always the one that ensure thunderclap and demo shout is up. It is just a habit and also sometimes we run raid without dps warrior.

At the end of the day, you can try several spec till you are comfortable with.
Depending on your raid setup and other tanks abilities, you can find one that work best for you.

Just my 2 cents worth ;)