PDA

View Full Version : Minimum stats for Karazhan

Razor
12-05-2007, 01:22 AM
Sorry if this has been asked over and over.

I'd like to know what you guys think the minimum stats are for main tanking in karazhan. Health, armor, and avoidance. I know I'm probably not there yet (still at about 11k health and armor) but I'd like to see how close I am and give myself some solid numbers to shoot for.

Horgar
12-05-2007, 02:07 AM
I started with 10k health, 12k armor, 490 defense as my goal. Whatever avoidance you get on the way is good. The avoidance from 490 defense is sufficient.

This also has a lot to do with how well geared your healers are. If you're going into an experienced group that will go shooting through to prince those stats won't cut it. If you're tanking for a group of people all in the early stages of kara then 11k health, 12+k armor and 490+ defense is a solid starting point IMO.

Razmo
12-05-2007, 02:12 AM
I started with 520 defense - 12000 armor and 11K HP
It was good enough till Curator.

Pitty my armory doesn't update but i'm @ 14.5K unbuffed HP and 16K Armor
So you'll get your gear and stats up quick enough.

Enelrad
12-05-2007, 06:38 AM
I was only around 10-11k health when I started off tanking Kara :)

klor
12-05-2007, 06:42 AM
I was at about what they said. 10-11K hp, barely 12K armor and 490 defense. It was rough at first since most of us were in all blues, but once you get the gear your stats skyrocket. Though I will admit, tanking prince in mostly all blues (except for the helm of the stalwart defender and the bracers of courage) is rough....Hope you get better drop rates than I did after 2 months >.>

Also, Enelrad....I agree with your signature... Girl tanks do PWN. They tend to try harder and pay more attention than us lazy guy tanks ;) I think its due to the fact that guys put more pressure on them to wait for them to fail so they can blame it on their lack of a Y chromosome =P

Enelrad
12-05-2007, 06:50 AM
Klor-- LOL Thanks. I don't tend to find many other women who play tanks.. seems rather male dominated. I try to learn, and get geared and I wanna be a good tank so that way I won't be the cute chick who gets pity runs because the boys like her :) I work my butt off to not suck hahaha... my guild is amazing though, my OT for Kara rules, we are the ultimate tanking team.. and Im beginning to really love the tanking aspect of the game.

klor
12-05-2007, 06:52 AM
I get bored doing anything besides tanking in WoW. Nothing else is as interactive IMO....except maybe healing, but you miss so much of the game by healing. As i stated the other day...I was going to use my shadowfiend on curator during evo...and did not even realize he had evo'd any at all until he was dead :-/.

Tanks FTW :D