PDA

View Full Version : Anger Management Talent

Kamgha
12-04-2007, 06:33 PM
So I've seen this talent on quite alot of other warrior tanks's armory pages and I cannot seem to wrap my head around why this talent is good for an MT. I do understand this talent is decent as an 2ndary aggro since you will be generating less rage from not getting hit as much unless there is a mechanic to let you get hit (aoe on melee, hurtful/hateful, cave-in, cleave, saberlash). Also what I see is that people lack points in imp heroic strike to get this talent and in some cases will lack points in imp sunder armor as well and with the devastate change I feel like this may be an old talent that is gone to waste for prot tanks...

Anyone have math/explanation/link for this so I can read it and figure out the talent.

Link
12-04-2007, 09:55 PM
Simple math tells us:

Imp Bloodrage: 2 talent points for 6 rage per minute.
Anger Management: 1 talent point for 20 rage per minute.

Don't try and think of all the times the talent won't help you. Instead think of times where it will come in handy. There are a lot of fights in end game raiding with transitions and phases in between. Times where you aren't tanking anything, perhaps you're moving to another position. This talent helps you build rage so you're more prepared to pick up your target without it running passed you to the healer. I like it a lot :)

Kamgha
12-05-2007, 12:19 AM
This much I understand that getting that rage while you can't get hit or deal dmg to get rage is good... What I don't seem to understand is why people will sacrifice 1 point in Imp HS for 1 point in Anger Management

Narshe
12-05-2007, 12:36 AM
This much I understand that getting that rage while you can't get hit or deal dmg to get rage is good... What I don't seem to understand is why people will sacrifice 1 point in Imp HS for 1 point in Anger Management
It's simple, because sometimes you won't be performing more than 20 heroic strikes per minute. Then Imp Heroic 2/3 + AM is more rage gained than Imp Heroic 3/3.

Syana
12-05-2007, 01:36 AM
Why is Anger Management good?

1) It's passive. You don't need to think about it.
2) It gives you rage without dealing damage or taking damage. For example: Mage pulls aggro and the mobs bolts toward him but you're at 9 rage. You can either slowly run toward the mob and the mage dies or you can intervene the mage in no more than 3 seconds later.
3) Your rage decays 30% slower when out of combat. It's nice to have some extra rage for the next pull.

Basically, it's pretty hard to find a better use for a single talent point. To put it in perspective, if you can put 3 talent points into Anger Management and gain 3 rage every 3 seconds, would you? I'd be like, "HELL YEAH!" By the same token, why not put that one talent point in there.

Other talents that I feel are better than Anger Management in a point by point comparison: I would take Anger Management over any other talent if I just had one point left.

Improved Shield Block
Defiance
Sunder Armor
Shield Slam
Focused Rage
Devastate

Subjectively better: Shield Mastery, One-hand weapon spec, Vitality

Kamgha
12-05-2007, 02:42 AM
Hrmm ok thanks for the replies