PDA

View Full Version : Gemming Resistance Gear

Lilie
12-03-2007, 10:39 AM
So...I've been trying to put together a fire resistance set for farming motes of fire (and all the rest of the endgame needs). Have crafted all but the Aldor helm atm and am wondering what people's thoughts are on the gemming of these items. Stick with the +12 stam in all slots? I'd just love to hear your thoughts. If you have any thoughts on the enchants too let me know...thanks ahead of time!

Gehn
12-03-2007, 10:41 AM
I have a guildie crafting the Aldor FR stuff for me, and I am putting straight stam gems into a couple pieces...

I might go for some +hit at some time also...but just stam for now.

Would love to hear others info also

Brucimus
12-03-2007, 12:34 PM
just to add...Amulet of the Torn-heart is a quest reward from the Cipher of Damnation questline in SMV. This piece allows you to not make one of those Aldor weaksauce pieces and still get acceptable FR

dorfwawwior
12-05-2007, 08:10 AM
there are two types of resist sets to gear/gem for. the encounters where its solely magic dmg that does not crit, ie demon phase Leotheras, and the encounters where the mob has mixed dmg from magic and melee, ie Anetheron infernal tanking. the only other tbc encounter i've experienced to date is Hydross which also calls for decent magic resist as well as crit coverage. I have yet to see a mob that can crit magic and melee, that would be a tough one to gear for.

I like to gear for stam then hit in resist sets, simply becuz eh is eh and you want your attacks to land, namely special attacks slam, dev, hs. expertise is also nice to stack as well