PDA

View Full Version : BG gear for Tanking?

Nosoks
11-29-2007, 05:51 AM
Hi all, Im slowly on my way to 70 after quiting WoW for a few months and rerolling a warrior (use to be a lvl 70 bear tank :o )

I do BGs for fun when I can't find anything else to do and was wondering after I hit 70 what item would you spend honor on that could be used for tanking pve and would take me a while to replace?

thanks!

Dalu
11-29-2007, 06:52 AM
S1 shoulders and shield are easy to get and better than anything you will find before Kara gear. Note: that is what I did as well, both are good EH pieces.

Razmo
11-29-2007, 06:55 AM
I replaced Shoulderguards of the Bold by Merciless Gladiator's Plate Shoulders it's a big upgrade. The season1/2 shields are rly nice to but never farmed for it.

Nosoks
11-29-2007, 10:53 AM
Thanks for the replies, I appreciate it! :)

Crimsonstorm
11-29-2007, 11:44 AM
S1 shield is better than anything until the Gruul shield. Get it.

Just getting a set of S1 will allow you to tank at an entry kara level (resilience for uncrittable), then you can upgrade with standard tank epics as you get them. Youll also be viable for pvp.

uglugh
11-29-2007, 12:35 PM
I am still building a tank gear set. For those of you who used bg/arena gear as a stop-gap, How did you gem?

Major Teroh
11-30-2007, 10:43 AM
I'm working on a tank set at the moment, I thought of the arena peices but would loose a lot in def and avoidance, and if I gemmed for def then I lose a chunk of EH, so, as I'm tanking heroics, what's more important?

Narshe
12-03-2007, 12:41 AM
Afaik arena gear have good EH but lack on avoidance. I don't have the numbers but I would probably gem with a mix of Dodge, Stamina and Stamina+Agi gems. Heroic gems with parry or dodge + stamina are really good ^_^

psychostomp
12-04-2007, 05:24 PM
honestly the EH boost from S1 gear over blue tanking gear nearly makes the avoidance a total non issue get yourself tanking jewelry and trinkets and you will be good to go through mid-kara tanking and for doing heroics its even better. I would gem stam up til around 13.5-14k in that set up and then see what i could get from the heroic gems. And if you can manage to grab a few pieces of S2 or 3 gear it will make it that much easier.

Drathoran
12-05-2007, 04:46 PM
Do you guys think a paladin could tank in all S1 Gladiator Gear?

Irghen
12-05-2007, 07:08 PM
I've been using the Warchief's Mantle with some cheap gems for a while, and I really hate the model, I just got the S1 Shoulders Gladiator's Plate Shoulders and since I BG and Arena while in Prot too I thought slamming a Steady Talasite and either a [item]Shifting Nightseye[/ítem] or a [item]Balanced Nightseye[/ítem] to have some all-purpose shoulders while I wait on the ones from Heroic SH. Is it a bad idea?

(Note: I've been having a hard time getting a kara group together so I'm farming Heroics/BG mostly)

My Armory
(http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Blood+Furnace&n=Irghen) (although I can't see it from my office, so I hope I logged out in my tank gear)