PDA

View Full Version : arena professions

ScientificLee
11-28-2007, 12:17 PM
Do they allow the use of engineering items in arena? My guess is no.

Kazeyonoma
11-28-2007, 04:13 PM
no you cannot =P You can wear your goggles of course, but you can't throw grenades and such.

The rule is something like:

If it isn't equipped when you start and isn't a weapon you can't use it.
If it wasn't summoned/created in arena you can't use it
If it wasn't purchased from an arena vendor you can't use it. (regarding drinks)

ScientificLee
11-29-2007, 08:54 AM
Thanks. I need to find a new profession and I'm not sure what to make it. I'm not interested in money making. I need viability for pvp. Any suggestions?

Brickhuase
11-29-2007, 02:09 PM
No profession is going to help you in arena all that much. The arena weapons are now superior to all crafted except possibly the stormherald as it has close to the same top end and has the stun proc. Lacks resil though.

ScientificLee
11-30-2007, 08:49 AM
No profession is going to help you in arena all that much. The arena weapons are now superior to all crafted except possibly the stormherald as it has close to the same top end and has the stun proc. Lacks resil though.

K thanks.

Daikyu
12-02-2007, 11:55 AM
Blacksmithing - Stormherald / other T3 smithing weapons
Engineering - BoP epic goggles suited to your class
Jewelcrafting - BoP gems (unique-equipped, very minor bonus over others)
Enchanting - Ring enchants (very minor bonus over others)
Leatherworking - Trinkets that nearly no one uses?

Almost everything else crafted is inferior to arena vendor gear / high-end raid gear.

Oh, and you can buy Star's Tears for something like 2 honor points each from the PvP quartermasters. They are drinks you can use in arena. No other consumables not conjured while in arena that I know of can be used.

Baceramus
12-11-2007, 10:41 PM
I've had a hunter with the rocket boots avoid death in a 2v2 when we pulled him out of line of sight of his healer but thats about the only engineering item I've seen used. In world pvp I've seen my friend use his rocket launcher, not sure if it works in Arena.

Paramount
12-24-2007, 01:30 AM
Don't forget about the nigh invulnerability belt engineers can make.

pvrhye
12-25-2007, 01:09 AM
The only thing that professions offer in arena that isn't trumped by arena items is JC epic jewels and ring chants.

lionel
02-09-2008, 05:51 PM
Now that Season 3 is live, Enginnering Goggles arent so hot compared to S3 Helmet. If you're in a well progressed guild that's in TK or SSC then Going Master Mace Smith isnt a bad idea as Stormherald is a great Weapon until you get Season 3 or Season 2 Weapon. The Stormherald has a 4 sec stun proc that stacks with the mace spec from a warrior. If you are already acheiving 1850 then Enchanting and Jewelcrafting is idea for the best stats out of your warrior as JC provides Unique BoP Gems that are better than just about any BoE and with Enchanting you can enchant your rings with a +4 all stats enchant. The upgrades with JC and Enchanting dont seem great but imo it is best to squeeze out as most possible out of your warrior for optimum performance. Kinda like a car but it really depends on your skill with the warrior as well as your team member's skill, your team set up and your ability as a team to support eachother during rated matches where everything gets tense. Thats my point of view for the ideal professions for arena

Syana
02-12-2008, 01:17 AM
Go Inscriptions...

oh wait...

Schue
02-12-2008, 01:45 AM
The rocket launcher works in arena. I use it all the time.

-Schue