PDA

View Full Version : 959 DPS on Azgalor... as prot.

Marsellus
11-28-2007, 01:55 AM
I died at 21% so none of it is execute damage.

I don't know if this is groundbreaking enough to deserve its own thread, but I certainly haven't heard of numbers this high from a prot warrior, especially on a fight where you spend half the time running out of fire.

I apologize if this is common and you wasted your time looking at this post, but I'm pretty proud of it and it seems like good news to all the prot warriors out there. In good fury gear, prot can certainly be viable, even when not tanking.

WWS
Wow Web Stats (http://wowwebstats.com/zfk1haakhb3dg?s=5706-6081)

Narshe
11-28-2007, 02:19 AM
What kind of gear did u had?

Marsellus
11-28-2007, 02:37 AM
I'll log out in it, just a minute.

Edit: Done. It's good, but it's nice to know that with equal level gear we can hold our own when asked to DPS.

Narshe
11-28-2007, 05:03 AM
Well, you have better fury gear than our fury warrs xDDDD
I will start to farm DPS as soon as I get my Prot shoulders. Lets see how hard I can dps with xDDD

Btw, what kind of rotation did u do? Just spamming Devastate? ^_^

Marsellus
11-28-2007, 11:50 AM
Spam Devastate, WW when it's up, HS to dump rage.

Was my first time ever really raid DPSing with the spec, but I don't think there are many other fine points to it :P

Taelas
11-28-2007, 11:52 AM
There's not much more you can do, no. :) And it obviously worked fine. ;)

Bayho
11-30-2007, 11:37 AM
I put up some pretty amazing dps as prot spec too. Even with using Mallet of the Tides mainhand with Exectioner, and KD offhand with Mongoose. Granted, my dps gear is now actually better than my tank gear since tank gear drops like crap. In prot spec, with the 10% bonus to strength, I hit 1800ap, 28% crit, with 164 hit rating dual wielding.

I am curious if I should try using my Decapitator or Fool's Bane instead of one of the others, though. Although, I would need to get them enchanted, and it is nice having the human racial stacking with a sword and a mace equipped. Any ideas?