PDA

View Full Version : Hydross

Taowlie
11-28-2007, 12:35 AM
Hello all!

My guild will be starting Hydross come this weekend, and I have been assigned add duty. Are there any gear lists out there for tanking the adds?? As I understand it I should be aiming for 150 unbuffed of each resist. What about defense though, do I need to be uncrittable?

Any info would be GREATLY appreciated!

Narshe
11-28-2007, 01:07 AM
At first I used a mixed NR/FrR gear. Now I use my regular tanking gear switching epic NR chest and legs, and Epic FrR helmet with FrR helmet enchant and works good aswell. We have a dedicated healer just for the tanks adds, so there is no problem if we take full damage from adds. You cannot afford a crit even with mixed gear so you would want to be uncrittable.

Unresisted hits: ~5k damage
Critical hits: ~10k damage minus resisted damage, and in mixed Fr/N resist gear you won't resist too much.

That's why we used just tanking gear instead of resist + stamina gear in adds tanks. However, ask for a Frost and Nature auras or totems in ur party, they do help.

Kazeyonoma
12-02-2007, 06:26 PM
I'm in the same boat possibly.

Trying to figure out what I can do to get 150/150

Assuming I don't have shaman totems or pally buffs. If i put on the frR helm for 50 resist with +20 fr resist enchant = 70 frResist. Shouldn't I get the ring next to put me at 105 within range of shaman buffs?

Then with the NR i'll probably go as you say and go NR chest and legs, which'll put me over 100 already. I just worry that my defense will dip into crittable...

Wartorn
12-02-2007, 06:55 PM
Our OT's don't use any resist gear at all. We just have 4 tank/DPS classes with 12k HP tank an add each. Give them like 5 seconds to establish aggro then AoE.