PDA

View Full Version : Chestguard of the Stoic Guardian for a warrior

Sangi
11-26-2007, 02:53 PM
Chestguard of the Stoic Guardian

What do folks think of this for a warrior tank that is in Kara and just starting 25 man T4 content? I am currently in the Vindicator's hauberk, Breastplate of the Bold and jade-Skull Breastplate.

The stats are great. The gear ratings for it are better than any thing that I can expect to see any time soon with my level of raiding. I don't pvp in any serious way to get PvP gear. My only concern is that spell damage. I know that it isn't that much in terms of itemization but it is still not the optimal piece for a warrior tank.

*worried that other warriors will laugh at me*

Tandred
11-26-2007, 03:08 PM
If you have the badges for it, go for it.

Myself, I used Bulwark of Kings and at this time still use Bulwark of the Ancient Kings. Sure, some stats like strength and crit are far from ideal (and I've occasionally struggled a bit to remain uncrittable due to stat prioritization), but the other stats more then made up for it. Stoic Defender's the highest sta breastplate untill Tier 6 (along with a Zul'jin drop), with very decent armor too. If you should run heroic upon heroic for this, or get other items first depends on your other gear though (haven't looked at Armory)

Aachim
11-26-2007, 04:13 PM
Don't worry I myself have considered picking it up as well until something else drops, as I've only got Vindicator's Hauberk and Nightbane hasn't been putting out for me. I think the spell damage would help with thunder clap? Other than that possibility it's a dead stat for us. Still against what we have currently it's an upgrade IMO.

Nilya
11-26-2007, 04:25 PM
The item level is so high that even one wasted stat is not going to hurt the ones that are of use to you. It's definitely better than the blue pieces, and arguably better than T4/Nightbane's chest drop. I'd pass on it because what I have has block value instead of spell damage, but if I was still rocking a blue, I'd grab it.

Atomsk
11-26-2007, 04:29 PM
The item level is so high that even one wasted stat is not going to hurt the ones that are of use to you. It's definitely better than the blue pieces, and arguably better than T4/Nightbane's chest drop. I'd pass on it because what I have has block value instead of spell damage, but if I was still rocking a blue, I'd grab it.

I agree, it is better than Panzar'Thar Breastplate. I am really trying to make a decision on it, I think there is a good chance I will pick it up, after I get the belt.

Syana
11-26-2007, 05:50 PM
Chestguard of the Stoic Guardian is as good as Belt of the Guardian for a warrior.