PDA

View Full Version : Requesting help with an HP deriving spreadsheet

kryonik
11-26-2007, 01:37 PM
Well someone today in the shoutbox asked if there was anywhere to input buffs that would figure out what your resulting HP would be. So since I was bored at work, am addicted to numbers and realized that it might be a halfway useful tool, I decided to give it a shot.

I formulated an Excel spreadsheet that takes in your base stamina (the white number on your character sheet when you mouseover stamina) and your added stamina from gear and enchants (the green number in your character sheet and figures out, based on what buffs you have, your total HP.

I was however not able to get it precise enough.

I was able to get it within 20 HP of my actual HP but when plugging in information for other characters based on their armories, it was off by as much as 500.

Any input or criticisms are appreciated.

RapidShare: 1-Click Webhosting (http://rapidshare.com/files/72499560/hpcheck.xls.html)

A few notes:
- This only works for warriors (for now.)
- I'm not quite sure how to figure in the +150 HP chest enchant since I have heard both that it does and that it does not get the Tauren racial applied to it.
- Lots of the formulas are really iffy. For example, even though it seems to be general knowledge that 1 stamina = 10 HP, after looking at several people's armories, it seems to be closer to 9.85 HP / 1 stamina.
- It does not take into account base HP for different races as I have yet to find a suitable source of information for this other than scanning through armory pages (which would make this work computer cry.)

kryonik
11-26-2007, 02:04 PM
Ok I've made some revisions. I'm going to have to find some more armory pages to make the proper adjustments though. I should have a new spreadsheet up within a few hours if not tomorrow.

kryonik
11-26-2007, 02:22 PM
Updated

RapidShare: 1-Click Webhosting (http://rapidshare.com/files/72509073/hpcheck.xls.html)

I tested it with several people's armories and there was between 0 and 15 HP differences. Pretty close. I have not yet tested it with anyone having buffs since I can't seem to find any.

Shortypop
11-26-2007, 02:40 PM
Nice tool, just some feedback I'm a gnome with 138 white stamina, 908 green stamina, +150hp on chest, 5/5 vitality. My hp is 14874 (in this gear) and your spreadsheet puts me at 14879 - so very close. Only thing is that changing the vitality y/n or numbers didn't seem to make any difference - although this might be as I'm running the spreadsheet through open office :)

kryonik
11-26-2007, 02:41 PM
The reason why Vitality doesn't change the numbers is that WoW calculates Vitality (from what I can tell) into the green numbers already.

I thought about that too.

Tmbrland
11-30-2007, 09:36 AM
It was my idea for this to be created. I am thankful that Kryonik was able to help out.

Avagro
11-30-2007, 04:33 PM
A few months ago having wanted to create a spreadsheet that could replicate my stats outside of game I tried the same thing I belive I got it to be 100% accurate though I'm not 100% sure on that.

As for what effected what rules I found:
vitality is applied to base stamina and stamina from gear seperately (thinking about it and looking the raw data I still have lying around this statement seems wrong but there's some fragment of a memory lying around in the back of my head telling me that the numbers didn't work properly when I didn't treat the numbers seperately)
The Tauren health racial does affect +hp enchants
Stamina is rounded down to an integer before being mutiplied to get a health value

This is the formula I ended up with as a tauren:

=(((ROUNDDOWN(X*(1+0.01*Y)))*10.5)+(V*1.05)+Z)

or for non tauren's

=(((ROUNDDOWN(X*(1+0.01*Y)))*10)+V+Z)

Where X is your total stamina from gear
Where Y is the number of ranks in vitality (out of 5)
Where Z is your base health (in this case after the effects of vitality)
Where V is "direct health" i.e. the +150 hp enchant