PDA

View Full Version : Drape Dark Reavers vs Dory's PvE DPS

Valdinar
11-26-2007, 12:40 PM
Hello,

I'm a little fuzzy with how effective armor pen is in comparison to other stats. When comparing Dory's Embrace to Drape of the Dark Reavers, Dory's results in:

+16 AP
+112 Armor Pen
+20 CRIT

-24 AGI
-17 HIT

For a fury DPS warrior with a solid hit rating, it would seem more beneficial to use Dory's. However, to me specifically, I haven't had an opportunity to pick up a lot of hit gear so I'm around 132, and my raiding situation relates primarily to ZA, Hyjal, and Black Temple. Would you recommend continuing to stack hit until using armor pen and to treat it primarily as a luxury? Or would you actually replace Drape with Dory's?

Thanks,

Valdinar

Corbusier
01-25-2008, 07:24 AM
That hit rating is probably a bit low to maintain a proper rotation, so Drape will likely be better in the short term. Dory's will vastly outperform it in the long run, however.

Meeks
01-25-2008, 07:40 AM
I would use the drape for now but buy dory's. Unless you are incredibly unlucky in BT/Hyjal your hit rating should be about to skyrocket. Your best cloak will be the one from gorefiend but Dory's is the next best and useful to use untill you can get Gorefiend's.

DapperDan
02-29-2008, 03:21 PM
What about Vengeance Wrap? Seems better than either for DPS to me (Depending on current ArP, presumably there's a point at which Dory's is better than VW though, once you have other gear with ArP).

Tinktank
03-03-2008, 05:39 AM
Dory's >>>> Drape

You should know how imba is the armor penetration when you stack it.